• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Had a taste of Fierce Beer's core range today (http://www.fiercebeer.com/our-beer-1.html). All very nice, definitely a new brewery to look out for. The Cranachan Killer (A slightly tart, raspberry, honey & oat pale ale) was the star of the show, wasn't too sure about the coffee pale ale though.

Any idea if they'll be distributing around the UK?

Jakehead IPA. Decent enough beer in its own right but the large amount of malts make this more like a red ale than a true IPA. Worth drinking but not exactly what it said on the tin.

Bloody 'Ell Blood Orange IPA. Fucking love it, hoppy as you need and a big, rich blood orange body. Well worth writing home about.

Bloody 'Ell Blood Orange IPA. $#@!ing love it, hoppy as you need and a big, rich blood orange body. Well worth writing home about.
Didn't the article Machin linked say it was going to be launched tomorrow?

No, that's the "double" version.

Cheers. What do you expect the difference to be? Can't say I've had a DIPA before.

More abv, for sure, which can come across as more sweetness. Usually balanced out by a fuckload more hops and bitterness, and in this case, more blood orange!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that they (Fierce Beer) may be doing some sales with Lidl?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that they (Fierce Beer) may be doing some sales with Lidl?

Nothing about that on the 'where to find our beer' page on their website. Just a list of pubs in Aberdeen. Seem like a fairly small outfit atm.

TvNKuVR12IoKQ-QvHW-0B6Iav0XskBNeDypDhFFqZ1mZsoEFwfj88szf2RWd3S12r75XuHRM61z7SwdjU194xMBZF-gBuvGnw4Um9O9sibbMeTXxFv7EsyxAywgNbIzIP3jXT7iUX0KcaFSTDudJuCZ83FJEIr9OyUuQiHvWO-9D64-FRjIMHbpsXLaK4jWuYoQnPZuMqBYRDj4zCoDOBwEpBbsv5jHHDJ07rH3wpdKbX5Owb4rU0eD6yu9UkiG4BBKDQn_TrakAdTIw__hndsuh7zHiuDXTuMbxKa_l-WtpqUxvQTEjcxOAlIBAz4VQuWm3Iy5r57Zl7okjQFkYVv4fVSlKoiE6ABw4KdAOoErMWw-M3SoSOTzc0w2F43xHLb68ynGaYd_IGGpbzrrjiiouW7H2GkaUSWV5bDKGE49NDZAhpE4l_Dq8ELNXDCSEgBN7S0k8PqnzsmvQ5HdN-5GElsLKem2D0_qwXs3bgDszQ3s6sNH9EYZZchLKs6T2n3_foak3N2U93ty2yvXLLduIIAwM3Hs94fB3epJKyYB5ZI31pk3JcHo2dzFmHacgFjhwJhj424KOsP9RS8tz_5twpeLmF7M=w752-h676-no

All that for £7.84 from M&S in Wolves. It wasn't marked up on the shelves, but you get 20% off if you buy 3 or more. It's all contract brewed stuff, but I've been impressed by what I've had from them before.

Adnams - Sorachi Saison, Mosaic Pale Ale & Laid Back IPA
Harbour - American Pale
Harviestoun - Lowland Glen Amber, made with Simcoe :drool:

I shall report back with unnecessarily OTT tasting notes :icon_wink:

The first will be the Laid Back IPA once I've trimmed the hedge....

The Laid Back IPA hadn't chilled enough, so I've gone with a Sacre Brew - Laniakea APA. It's a beauty. Piney, tropical but not overly juicy. A cracking summer brew.

Just seen the beer list at Slaters for today. Includes Forpure Pale Ale, Cloudwater DIPA v3 & Heretic Evil Twin. Curse being in sole charge of my 16 month for the weekend!!

The Sorachi Saison is glorious if you can get a fresh bottle.

Drinking a can of Northern Monk - Eternal on the train into Edinburgh. Beautiful beer.

Yeah, need to get more of that in my life.

The Sorachi Saison is glorious if you can get a fresh bottle.

Not that fresh by the looks of it. BBE next month. Shall be having it with my dinner tonight I imagine.

You'll obviously get less of the Sorachi if it's older but it's still a nice beer. Fresh it's a poor man's Brooklyn - Sorachi Ace which is by no means an insult.

Back