• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Now now, don't be obtuse :D

Something about there being a hipster blood orange beer coming out that you need to drink the second it arrives in the post as it will already be past its use by date?

SDW Organisation who owns the The Dog And Doublet has recently just brought next door. (The Green Rooms) - The Old Little Civic. We are bringing a intimate music venue back to the town.

Knocking through to The Dog And Doublet's roof terrace to expand fire exit's and have a beer garden on the roof for the music venue up stairs.

We have been waiting for this building for along time. We believe it's a good time to give the town the space to support live music on a intimate level, and run various niche nights that will support the alternative scene.

Down stairs will remain the same intill the civic refurb is nearly finished.

We will refurb and turn into something which Wolverhampton is crying out for.

I hope everyone will love the venue as much as we do!

Sounds good.

Yeah, sounds pretty promising. Hopefully the old Little Civic becomes a decent music venue again, and the D&D can stop trying to be two places in one!

Football accompanied with Ace of Simcoe. What possibly could go wrong?

Gun Brewery - Scaramanga

Hoppy extra pale ale at 3.9%. Citrus, grapefruit and bitterness with a melony white grape edge to it. Bright and refreshing. A complete summer session beer. Fucking lovely.

Up next, Thornbridge - Eldon. A bourbon barrel aged imperial stout at 8%. Fucking love BeerBods :D

This Scaramanga is like a mini-Axe Edge. It's absolutely rockin'.

Thornebridge - Eldon
Better than I thought it would be. I always underestimate just how good Thornebridge are!
Coffee, bitter dark chocolate, slight dark fruit and sweetness from the bourbon barrels. Very subtle, but depth of flavour and a sumptuous mouthfeel. Top quality imperial stout.

Coffee, bitter dark chocolate, slight dark fruit and sweetness from the bourbon barrels. Very subtle, but depth of flavour and a sumptuous mouthfeel. Top quality imperial stout.

confused002.gif

Some of your 'tasting notes' - they just make me laugh!

Sumptuous mouthfeel - where'd you get that from? :icon_lol:

Well, it does have! It was awesome :D

Better than I thought it would be. I always underestimate just how good Thornebridge are!
Big fan of Thornbridge beer's although I can't keep up as they seem to release a new one every week.

Back