• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

TvNKuVR12IoKQ-QvHW-0B6Iav0XskBNeDypDhFFqZ1mZsoEFwfj88szf2RWd3S12r75XuHRM61z7SwdjU194xMBZF-gBuvGnw4Um9O9sibbMeTXxFv7EsyxAywgNbIzIP3jXT7iUX0KcaFSTDudJuCZ83FJEIr9OyUuQiHvWO-9D64-FRjIMHbpsXLaK4jWuYoQnPZuMqBYRDj4zCoDOBwEpBbsv5jHHDJ07rH3wpdKbX5Owb4rU0eD6yu9UkiG4BBKDQn_TrakAdTIw__hndsuh7zHiuDXTuMbxKa_l-WtpqUxvQTEjcxOAlIBAz4VQuWm3Iy5r57Zl7okjQFkYVv4fVSlKoiE6ABw4KdAOoErMWw-M3SoSOTzc0w2F43xHLb68ynGaYd_IGGpbzrrjiiouW7H2GkaUSWV5bDKGE49NDZAhpE4l_Dq8ELNXDCSEgBN7S0k8PqnzsmvQ5HdN-5GElsLKem2D0_qwXs3bgDszQ3s6sNH9EYZZchLKs6T2n3_foak3N2U93ty2yvXLLduIIAwM3Hs94fB3epJKyYB5ZI31pk3JcHo2dzFmHacgFjhwJhj424KOsP9RS8tz_5twpeLmF7M=w752-h676-no

All that for £7.84 from M&S in Wolves. It wasn't marked up on the shelves, but you get 20% off if you buy 3 or more. It's all contract brewed stuff, but I've been impressed by what I've had from them before.

Adnams - Sorachi Saison, Mosaic Pale Ale & Laid Back IPA
Harbour - American Pale
Harviestoun - Lowland Glen Amber, made with Simcoe :drool:

I shall report back with unnecessarily OTT tasting notes :icon_wink:

The first will be the Laid Back IPA once I've trimmed the hedge....

Forgot to come on here and mention the 20% off offer...I think I've pretty much done the entire collection of M&S beers apart from the smaller bottles but at £1.85 each, they're next. They do a lovely double Chocolate stout

You'll obviously get less of the Sorachi if it's older but it's still a nice beer. Fresh it's a poor man's Brooklyn - Sorachi Ace which is by no means an insult.

Still plenty of Sorachi - more than enough. Cracking beer.

Clown Shoes Royal Standard. 10% of wee heaviness. Beautifully balanced.
Northern Monk 822 (2016 vesrsion). A superb DIPA @ 8.7% ABV.
Northern Monk Forgotten Sin. A 10.5% Wild Old Ale. Unfortunately the alcohol is too overwhelming.
Finished off with a Jakehead and a True North.

A quick catch up from yesterday through to today.

Crafty Devil You Love Us - 6.5% IPA - Not too sure on this one, it had a slight sour taste to it which I got a hit of grapefruit from but just didn't catch right. Maybe better on a clean palate.

Wylam Jakehead - 6.5% IPA - A cracking beer but really was more of a red ale / rye IPA. Very malty body which over-rode the hops, not quite what I was expecting but a damn good beer.

Beavertown Black Betty - 7.4% Black IPA - A real beauty, hop forward with bold blackberries and very subtle cherry with a hint of burnt toast. Fucking love this one.

BBNo v Lervig 01|15 - 4.5% Rooibos and Lemon Saison -Wondrous. A magnificent saison that captures the bitter sweet citrus of juicy lemons that takes this farmhouse beer to another level. Drink some.

Fourpure Shapeshifter - 6.4% IPA - Another stunner. Hopped up to the eyeballs with a dank, piney boldness with hints of tropical fruits. Gorgeous.

Beavertown Bloody 'Ell - 7.2% Blood orange IPA - Loved this fucker from day one. Fanta meets a fucking good IPA.

Northern Monk seem to be knocking out shit loads at the moment. Very envious of your locale to their tap room Phil!

Just cracked the Harbour APA. Superbly balanced APA, juicy peach and citrus with enough body and fizz to keep it light and easy drinking. Really enjoying this one.

Indeed machin. The tap room is normally closed on Mondays, but I have managed to 'persuade' them to open for the England vs Slovakia game 😉

Vocation - Life & Death. Fucking superb.

Just having my last bottle of DIPA v3. It's tasting better than ever! Beer of the year for me.

Sunseeker 5.7% IPA.

Sunbeam Ales is a very small brewery based in West Leeds. It brews once a week and produce eight casks per brew. They rotate their core range of ales and brew new or seasonal ales every six or so batches.

Leeds Brewery Solstice EPA. A decent enough ale aptly named for today. At 3.5% ABV it makes a good session ale for the longest day.

Finished off at North Bar. North Brewing Co's tap. Started with Prototype, an excellent cask EPA coming in at 3.8% ABV, then their Sputnik which is a decent enough 5% APA, Transmission which is a very good West Coast American IPA at 6.9% and finally Thornbridge Wye (or more appropriately Why?). A 6.7% EPA which is fair enough, but unfortunately overwhelmed by cucumber!

Brewdog - Ace of Chinook. Lovely wee pale ale.

If anyone (Paddy?) is off to Bloodstock this year, report back please:

ClZ1YrLWMAAdrlX.jpg

Necked load of class ales over the weekend but don't remember much about them. Some quality BBNos, a Wiper & True Quintet, a couple of cracking Fourpures, Buxton, Beavertown and Brewdog. Top stuff.

Back