• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

What was the Bourbon Baby like Phil? I forgot to ask.

Brewdog Kingpin - 4.7% Lager. Decent, I haven't drunk a lager for an age and was a bit reserved about this one but it's pretty good. Big malt body with a generous helping of hops followed by a subtle citrus twang. Dry and bitter on the finish, I can see me downing a fair bit of this over the summer.

Brewdog Kingpin - 4.7% Lager. Decent, I haven't drunk a lager for an age and was a bit reserved about this one but it's pretty good. Big malt body with a generous helping of hops followed by a subtle citrus twang. Dry and bitter on the finish, I can see me downing a fair bit of this over the summer.

I had Bourbon Baby today, it's fucking lush. Massive flavour for a beer that's only (lol) 5.9%. Well worth sourcing out.

I haven't tried it? Lycan has IIRC.

I had Bourbon Baby today, it's fucking lush. Massive flavour for a beer that's only (lol) 5.9%. Well worth sourcing out.

I'll pick some up on the next Brewdog order. I'll mix some Elvis Juice in and maybe a couple of Black Eyed King Imp. Had a big IPA box through last time so need something different.

I'll pick some up on the next Brewdog order. I'll mix some Elvis Juice in and maybe a couple of Black Eyed King Imp. Had a big IPA box through last time so need something different.

Don't bother with the Black Eyed King Imp. It's really nice but there are far better Imperial Stouts on their website for around about the same price (BEKI has got to be pushing £10 per can). I picked up a bottle of Great Divide - Espresso Oak Aged Yeti from Brewdog today which is a take off of one of the best Imp. Stouts in the world IMO. I'll have a look on their website and come back with a list to try.

That was Black Hammer mate.

Aah gotcha mate. Got one of those up next.

Barrel Aged Albino Squid Assassin - 9.2% red ale. Fucking amazing. Starts off with a hot hit of single malt whisky opening up into a big, sweet toffee body with very faint hints of burnt toast. Boozy and sticky, way too drinkable at the abv. Stunning stuff.

Don't bother with the Black Eyed King Imp. It's really nice but there are far better Imperial Stouts on their website for around about the same price (BEKI has got to be pushing £10 per can). I picked up a bottle of Great Divide - Espresso Oak Aged Yeti from Brewdog today which is a take off of one of the best Imp. Stouts in the world IMO. I'll have a look on their website and come back with a list to try.

Cheers mucker.

Now my palate couldn't even start to make those distinctions.

Right Booz. For a start they do cans of Oskar Blues - Ten Fidy for £6 which is my favourite beer in the world. Thick, luxurious, roasty, coffee, liquorice, chocolatey goodness. Try it.

Honourable mentions:

Anything by De Molen. They've got 4 or 5 and the ones I've tried have been amazing. Supposedly one of the best Imperial Stout brewers out there.
Mikkeller - Black Hole
Great Divide - Yeti Stout. Glorious.
Hoppin Frog - Boris the Crusher. Pretty legendary beer. Never tried it but heard a lot about it.
Stone - Imperial Russian Stout
Alesmith - Speedway.

Cheers Lycan, I'll definitely give some of those a blast.

I've tried De Molen Hamer & Sikkel a while ago and wasn't too taken with it. I'll have to give them another go.

The BA ASA gets better as it warms up. Loads of blackcurrant and dark fruits make it even boozier. Potentially lethal stuff.

Cheers Lycan, I'll definitely give some of those a blast.

I've tried De Molen Hamer & Sikkel a while ago and wasn't too taken with it. I'll have to give them another go.

I had that one as well and wasn't too keen either.

The honourable mentions were in no particular order btw.

Back