• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Machin, you obviously know your beer, so where do you recommend I go to broaden my horizons?

Looking forward to this Honest Brew order. Was going to go Brewdog again to pickup some Bourbon Baby but checked HB first and am glad I did.

Beavertown - Black Betty Can - Black IPA 7.4%
Beavertown - Bloody 'Ell Can - Blood Orange IPA 7.2%
Buxton - Wild Boar - IPA 5.7%
Magic Rock - Cannonball - IPA 7.2%
Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - Porter 6%
Northern Monk - New World IPA 6.2%
Fourpure - Northern Latitude - Red Rye IPA 6.4%
Wiper and True - Quintet No. 7 - IPA 6.9%
Crafty Devil - You Love Us Can - American IPA 6.5%
Fourpure - Shapeshifter Can - IPA 6.4%
Brew by Numbers - 11|15 Session IPA Amarillo & Mosaic 3.8%
Brew by Numbers - 35|02 Red IPA - Citra & Chinook 6.5%
Brew by Numbers v Pohjala - 24|02 Amber Ale - Multigrain 3.8%
Brew by Numbers v Lervig - 01|15 Saison - Rooibos & Lemon 4.5%
Wylam - Jakehead IPA 6.3%

Machin, you obviously know your beer, so where do you recommend I go to broaden my horizons?

The Twisted Barrel brewery can't be too far from you Frank. I think they're based just north of Coventry.

The Twisted Barrel brewery can't be too far from you Frank. I think they're based just north of Coventry.

They're in Coventry centre pretty much. New development called Fargo Village I think. Looks awesome.
I had their vanilla mild the other week. Even Frank would like that!

Nice looking order there Boozy lad. Not a bad looking beer in that lot! The Session IPA I had from Brew By Numbers (Mosaic) was amazing, so that one should be killer.

They're in Coventry centre pretty much. New development called Fargo Village I think. Looks awesome.
I had their vanilla mild the other week. Even Frank would like that!

I do enjoy most new beers I try, I just rarely try them. But I am determined to do so.

Be prepared to drink from keg :D

Backs up what Nando was saying about Vocation's Tesco batches...

Bitters

Bathams
Holdens Black Country Bitter
Titanic White Star

Looking forward to this Honest Brew order. Was going to go Brewdog again to pickup some Bourbon Baby but checked HB first and am glad I did.

Beavertown - Black Betty Can - Black IPA 7.4%
Beavertown - Bloody 'Ell Can - Blood Orange IPA 7.2%
Buxton - Wild Boar - IPA 5.7%
Magic Rock - Cannonball - IPA 7.2%
Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - Porter 6%
Northern Monk - New World IPA 6.2%
Fourpure - Northern Latitude - Red Rye IPA 6.4%
Wiper and True - Quintet No. 7 - IPA 6.9%
Crafty Devil - You Love Us Can - American IPA 6.5%
Fourpure - Shapeshifter Can - IPA 6.4%
Brew by Numbers - 11|15 Session IPA Amarillo & Mosaic 3.8%
Brew by Numbers - 35|02 Red IPA - Citra & Chinook 6.5%
Brew by Numbers v Pohjala - 24|02 Amber Ale - Multigrain 3.8%
Brew by Numbers v Lervig - 01|15 Saison - Rooibos & Lemon 4.5%
Wylam - Jakehead IPA 6.3%
Some class ones in there mate.

I've had most of those myself. However not in one session though.

Got to admit I was like a kid in a sweetshop when I saw the BBNo range they had in stock, it's the most extensive they've had for a while. That's next weekend's drinking and I'll be at work for most of it, with a hangover by the look of it.

Looking forward to the Crafty Devil and Wylam, never tried any of their brews before.

Northern Monk has Wylam Jakehead on cask! Before that it was on keg. Unfortunately I am currently working in Jersey until a week on Saturday 😭😭.

Northern Monk had the BBNo v Lervig a couple of weeks back. However the Turk's Head in leeds has several BBNo on tap!

Just been given a bottle of Green Flash - Le Freak as a thank you present. A 9.2% Belgian style Imperial IPA. Sounds gorgeous, can't wait to get stuck into it.

They must have some new distribution set up as I've seen a lot of their beers knocking around. Had their Passion Fruit Kicker which is a wheat beer infused with passion fruit. Good example of the style, but I'm officially giving up on wheat beer - I just can't get on with it.

Talking of wheat beers I'm brewing one on Sunday (only 30% wheat though). Was supposed to happen a few weeks ago but got pushed back. Pretty excited.

Back