• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

PA (assuming Bitter is in a different category)

Salopian - Kashmir
Northern Monk - Opeth Communion
Wylam - Jakehead.

I'd class those all as IPA's I reckon.

Ah yes, a Session IPA. Needs it's own top 3 list!

In fact, I'll replace Heart & Soul with Moor - Nor Hop for my Pale Ale top 3....

In no particular order

Brewdog DPC
Dale's Pale Ale
Nor Hop

My PV PA

Northern Monk - Opeth Communion
Kelham Island - Pale Rider
Leeds - Pale

FAO Leeds:

Rare opportunity to drink Buxton on cask at The Grove - https://twitter.com/BuxtonBrewery/status/740833484260970496

Ckf4EJXWkAAszNT.jpg

There's a possibility I'll be at a Black Country Ales pub this weekend. Any recommendations?

Stock BCA choices for those interested in the regular options.

There's a possibility I'll be at a Black Country Ales pub this weekend. Any recommendations?

Stock BCA choices for those interested in the regular options.

The guest ales!

Seriously - their own stuff isn't particularly good but they often keep excellent guest beers, and they keep them well.

The mild is quite pleasant. Nothing great about it but very easy drinking.

The last two guest ales I had in a BCA pub were from Black Iris Brewery in Nottingham. Their "All Seeing IPA" which was made with all the American C hops was really bloody lovely as was their "Rise & Shine", a coffee milk stout. Opposite ends of the palate but both cock on. But yeah, don't bother with their own beers as they're nothing special.

Where is good to go in Bristol?

I'm there tonight and I know there is a good scene but can't remember for the life of me

There's a new Wild Beer place there, but not sure if it's open yet. Small Bar is the one that gets mentioned a lot.

But yeah, Nando will be the man to advise you better.

Arrive at Temple Meads and then visit the following:

The Barley Mow
Moor Brewery Tap
King Street Brewhouse
The Beer Emporium
Navy Volunteer
Small Bar
The Three Tuns
The Steam Crane
The Hare

Death.

Yeah, loads of new tap rooms on my to-do list.

Moor, Northern Monk, Magic Rock, Salopian, Fixed Wheel, Twisted Barrel, Cloudwater, Buxton, Tiny Rebel - and that's without venturing into Lodon.

Wild Beer isn't open yet.

Simplest bet is to head for King Street where you have Small Bar, Beer Emporium, Navy Volunteer and the King Street Brewhouse and Brewdog just around the corner so plenty of choice.

Moor Tap should be open too and is 5 minutes from Temple Meads if you're arriving there.

Feel free to send me a PM if needed, Stan.

Back