• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

To öl - Gose to Hollywood. Hands down my favourite beer. Just delicious.

View attachment 1334

You've mentioned this a few times. Will have to seek it out. I noticed The Wine Seller had got stock of an Omnipollo Pineapple Gose, which imagine is quite similar. Will be getting one for the football this weekend (amongst others...).

In other beery news, I went to the Sacre Brew tap room on Saturday. Really neat little setup. You're basically sat in the brewery, next to the mash tun and kettle on cheapo Ikea furniture. She has 2 taps hooked up to a couple of keykegs doing half pint pours for £2. At the weekend it was her new IPA called Wendigo. 6.2% American IPA nice and bitter with boat loads of mosaic for flavour and aroma. Not a hop-bomb or a juice-bomb etc. Just a really well balanced hoppy, bitter, fruity IPA. The other tap was serving a lager which I didn't bother with. Also had a bottle of Buffalo, which is a 9.7% spiced Belgian quad brewed with loads of different spices. Really earthy and peppery with a dark fruit sweetness which made it utterly drinkable with the alcohol just adding a sturdy edge to things. It's a shame it's a little way out of the wrong end of town and it was pretty much empty because the beers were top notch. A bit more bustle and atmosphere, and it'd be a really cool night out.

df_kontakt_40kprofi_1.jpg

Just trying a Daleside EU Out ale. A pleasant light hoppy ale. I shall also try their EU In to maintain political impartiality. The In seemed more palatable to Out somehow 😉

Last edited:
From that list, and based on what I've tried and heard about:

Founders
Brooklyn
Firestone Walker
Goose Island
Left Hand
Oskar Blues
Victory
Sierra Nevada
Flying Dog
Lagunitas
Stone
Rogue

Coming back to this

Tired Brooklyn, Goose & Founders and then settled on have the Goose on tap in most places. By far the best one over there. Also tried a Bronx IPA but that was fucking vile.

The Yankee Stadium had a Craft Beer bar but they seemed to selling stuff from the Bronx Brewery range so avoided that.

Just ordered myself 12 cans of Camden Town IHL. Had that on the BeerBods last year and loved it but haven't seen any around to purchase (even when I was in Camden)

Brewdog are bringing Bourbon Baby back. I might give it a whirl this time round.

Otley O-Mai yesterday. Blonde, bitter and with a hint of raspberry apparently.

Not bad, but in no hurry to buy it again.

Golden Sheep - very palatable after an afternoon cutting the hedge in the sun.

Yorkshire brewed so heavy on the Swaledale with overtones of Merino & Dorset Horn (though possibly I should treat tasting more seriously)

CAP - Endless Vacation Pale Ale. Bit too heavy on the crystal malt.

Love a proper west coast piney bitter IPA.

Following on from Langers' beer question in the Top Threes thread a few weeks ago. What are your top three beers by style.

Pale Ale

Northern Monk - Eternal
Pressure Drop - Pale Fire
Oskar Blues - Dale's Pale Ale

Honorary mention for The Kernel who consistently brews some of the best pale ales in Britain.

PA (assuming Bitter is in a different category)

Salopian - Kashmir
Northern Monk - Opeth Communion
Wylam - Jakehead.

Moor - Nor Hop
Pressure Drop - Pale Fire
Evil Twin - Hipster Ale

Agree on the Table Beer from Kernel though, but it has to be super fresh.

Although, maybe the Heart & Soul is a Session IPA?!

Back