• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

They do decent enough beers but they're not that good. In my opinion they're massively overrated.

Each to their own and all that.
Without a question of doubt they do some really good brews, but I reckon they are certainly overrated as there are a hell of a lot of good stuff out there other than Brewdog. For example Salop's Kashmir (on cask) knocks out Punk IPA.

I think that they are too far up their own arse and believe too much of their own publicity. I'd always opt for a Bathams instead of an Elvis Juice or Jack Hammer.

Would you not just say the likes of Salopian etc are underrated?

No. I would suggest that they have a different marketing strategy and appeal to a differemt demograph than Brewdog.

Tribute on the seafront. Excellent.
Originally called 'Daylight Robbery', it was a one off brew to commemorate the 1999 solar eclipse. It was so popular that St Austell continued to brew as Tribute which now accounts for 80% of their sales. A very nice beer.

Northern Monk New World IPA - A proper little belter. Fresh and clean with a big bitter hop profile, cracking brew this one is.
Northern Monk do some really good stuff (some in casks too!) such as New World, Eternal, True North, Heathen. My favourite is their Dave II. An extremely good Gose.

Look out for their Communion too.

Trying to think what we had over the weekend in Keswick

Thwaites Wainwright
Banks' Sunbeam
Tirril Brewery Borrowdale - I strongly recommend this. Bloody magnificent session beer. I think it is only 3.7% but a total joy of a pint
There was one called Tinderbox that Squeeze had that was fookin lethal - 6.3% and you could quaff it. Such easy drinking it would be a fucking nightmare.

You're not doing "light" beers, are you Frank! ;)

Oskar Blues - Deviant Dale's. Imperial version of Dales Pale Ale. An absolute beauty from one of my favourite breweries.

Oskar Blues - Deviant Dale's. Imperial version of Dales Pale Ale. An absolute beauty from one of my favourite breweries.
That sound perfect. Dale's pale is awesome.

Northern Monk do some really good stuff (some in casks too!) such as New World, Eternal, True North, Heathen. My favourite is their Dave II. An extremely good Gose.

Look out for their Communion too.

Duly noted cheers Phil.

Today's session (filled the fridge up as a mate was supposed to be coming round but never turned up.

Epic Saison
Buxton Imperial Black IPA
2 x Safe Word
2 x Axe Edge
Bloody 'Ell

Back