• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Crate - Sour. 4.9% sour ale brewed with passion fruit and hibiscus flowers. Very pleasant.

By the Horns - Sour to the people. 4.8% Berliner Weisse. Just a subtle sourness, so clean and refreshing.

Disagree entirely mate. He's heavily involved, well informed, articulate, highly respected and knows exactly what he's talking about. I thinks it's an important and interesting subject that's worthy of discussion.

The pint will NEVER go in this country. Not a chance.

However I can see no reason why it can't co-exist with smaller measures for those beers where it may be appropriate.

Broad Street Chevalier is a very good Saison 6% ABV. Brew Dog 5AM Saint.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is calling for the removal of it as a measure. But more - why does it have to always be the default/benchmark serving?

BBNo. - 19/01 Classic Gose. A superb example of one of my favourite beer styles.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is calling for the removal of it as a measure. But more - why does it have to always be the default/benchmark serving?
Tradition innit?

There again I can remember that certain high strength seasonal ales ( especially during the winter) would only be sold in halves or indeed gills.

Yeah, although it's not as sour as Northern Monk's Dave. It definitely has something, it's slightly salty, with a limey tang and a hint of sweet basil on the finish. And at 4.8% it's totally suppable, not to mention it'd go great with a banh mi.

Gipsy Hill - Drifter. Like falling in love. Best IPA in Britain IMO.

A PINT of Neck Oil. Good stuff, but strangely more expensive than Jersey 😵

Anyone know of any bar or any shop selling a sour type beer around Stourbridge way?

CraftMetropolis. They're brewing v2 soon, should be available through beermerchants.

Ah cool, not come across them before. Cheers.

Yeah, might put a box together tomorrow at work!

They've got a decent few Weird Beard as well, I'll be ordering me a box tomorrow.

How much do you lot spend on beer?! Fecking hell!

Back