• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just having a Dogfish Head called ' Beer To Drink Music To '. Very tasty but a bit strong for me. Would have had one of hubby's Dale's Pale Ale but there's only 2 left and it's his favourite.

Tiny Rebel - Full Nelson. Bags of Nelson Sauvin hops. Juicy grape and pear. Not much bitterness but a sharp spiky edge. Awesome drink. Been very impressed with every Tiny Rebel beer I've had. Awesome brewery.

Love Tiny Rebel.

Picked up the Tesco Vocation range again yesterday. Still not a patch on the Beer52 delivery stuff.

Still a nice drop but nothing special.

I'd rather drink Carling that John Smiths, or any smooth pour / cream flow bitter.

I'd rather drink Carling that John Smiths, or any smooth pour / cream flow bitter.

In my defence we had been at the beer festival, and then went to a pub in town, and they had no real ale. I will not drink lager so had a pint of the much maligned JS, and true to form it was not very good.

Cloudwater DIPA v3. So fucking good. Just stunning.

In my defence we had been at the beer festival, and then went to a pub in town, and they had no real ale. I will not drink lager so had a pint of the much maligned JS, and true to form it was not very good.
Didn't the pub have any bottled beer?

I shall not chastise you as you have had sufficient punishment already.

Cambridge Beer Festival this weekend. Took in the following:

Hammerton Pentonville - the best of the 3 stouts I tried
Harveys Prince of Denmark - not far behind the Pentonville, sweet tar and liquorice
Milton Hippocrates - local brewery festival special, pretty much like their other golden ales
Wild Weather Lemon Head - too much pith and not enough lemon
Tiny Rebel Dirty Stop Out - OK, but having read so much on here about them, I was expecting more. They had sold out of Cereal Killer and FUBAR, so maybe I missed out
Slater's Rye IPA - not had this one before and wasn't disappointed
Enville Ginger - you could really taste the ginger resulting in an excellent drink. Not sure I'd want more than one though

It's a subject that has popped up a few times on here before, but this is an interesting blog by Chris Hall who works, in part, for Brew By Numbers about the impact of the traditional "imperial pint" as a serving measure - https://chrishallbeer.com/2016/05/31/tunnel-vision/

An interesting reference to horses' arses given that the author appears to be up his own for most of the article. Too much thinking and not enough drinking it seems to me.

Bit of a session on Sunday starting strong and finishing weakly.

Oakham Dreamcatcher - (pint on keg) 6.9% malty dangerousness. A beautiful pint with a juicy cherry aroma but nice malt finish.
Buxton ace edge - half pint as this is soooo dry and hoppy and at 6.6% any more would be too much
Joules Green Monkey - excellent lager and lovely on a warm sunny afternoon (x2)
Mother Earth - California creamin' a gentle light beer with a sweet vanilla finish, not boozy at 5% and a decent beer to finish with as you can't really have more than one.

An interesting reference to horses' arses given that the author appears to be up his own for most of the article. Too much thinking and not enough drinking it seems to me.

Disagree entirely mate. He's heavily involved, well informed, articulate, highly respected and knows exactly what he's talking about. I thinks it's an important and interesting subject that's worthy of discussion.

Back