• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Whilst I think Brewdog is the most overrated brewery/brand ever, it'd be a cool shirt sponsor and better than the Money Shop in every conceivable way!

Overrated? Really? I can understand that they're annoying and meglomanic (is that a word), but overrated is an odd one to throw at them.

Overrated? Really? I can understand that they're annoying and meglomanic (is that a word), but overrated is an odd one to throw at them.
They do decent enough beers but they're not that good. In my opinion they're massively overrated.

Each to their own and all that.

Agreed Will, some of their premium ales are fucking lush. Even the core range is good.

Out of interest, which beers have you had from Brewdog Langers?

Out of interest, which beers have you had from Brewdog Langers?
Oh I can't remember - I'd have to check Untappd. I've been to the one in Brum quite a lot as my mate loves the place, we also used to go after work in my last job. So I've tried plenty of different ones and whilst they're nice enough, I don't really understand the adulation it gets. I just don't think any of them are *that* good.

Not been for a while mind you.

Drinking a Guinness. Urgh. How can you make a stout so flavourless?

Drinking the same up here while the football is on. Had one Deuchars and couldn't stomach another.

There's something nice about drinking through the head but there's no flavour to it at all. I'll never understand the hype.

Just noticed that they've got bottles of Erdinger here, might be forced onto one of them in a bit.

Had to move on to a Stella. Utter garbage.

Can't touch the stuff, haven't for years.

I think I'd rather have Guinness and black than the shite that is Stella. Never liked that at all.

They do decent enough beers but they're not that good. In my opinion they're massively overrated.

Each to their own and all that.

Just because I'm a nosy bugger, what did you go for in the Welly on Friday?

Northern Monk New World IPA - A proper little belter. Fresh and clean with a big bitter hop profile, cracking brew this one is.

Siren - Pompelmocello. 6% sour Grapefruit IPA. Absolute stunner. A must try for all hop heads. The best Grapefruit IPA out there IMO.

Cloudwater Session IPA E.431 - Nice, probably my favourite session IPA. Unmistakably Cloudwater.

To øl - friends with benefits

Only £4.20 for a pint at my locals beer festival! Cracker

Tiny Rebel - One Inch Punch. Bit of a Dead Pony Club replica made with Mosiac. Tropical, citrus and bitter. Bostin session pale jammed full of flavour.

Moor / Arbor Dark Alliance - Fucking beauty. Roasted coffee and thick chocolate mixed with ample amounts of hops with a dark fruit background. Easily my favourite stout by far.

Top class isn't it, Booz! Moor are sensational.

Back