• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Northern Monk Wasted. 6.7% Pear Farmhouse/Saison collaboration. Essentially using foodstuffs that would be dumped by supermarkets including brioche! An interesting concept with plans to utilise the tons of unused Wimbledon strawberries next! A recyclable/environmentaly friendly ale!

Jack Hammer, never fails to deliver. Got some Axe Edge chilling for later as well as some Punk. Git to live Sunday afternoons.

I have just tried a glass of "May the fourth be with you" by Jennings. I must admit I had never heard of it before, it was ok, but I don't think I would rush out to buy it.

Vocation - Divide & Conquer. 6.5% black IPA. Haven't had a black IPA for a while and this one is a stunner. The dark malt is very subtle, there just for colour and to compliment the massive hop profile, just how I like my BIPA. I think even Phil would enjoy this one.

The Kernel - India Pale Ale (Citra Mosaic). Seriously good.

Oakham Citra in the Wellington yesterday - bloody lovely and a right orange twang to it to go with the tropical finish but well balanced with the hops so not like drinking fruit beer (which is disgusting).

Chapeldown - Curious Brew. Essentially a strong lager (nearly 5%) and fairly bland without much character

I've had Curious Porter somewhere before, can't remember where now, I was a fan but I've not tried any of their other beers.

Chapeldown - Curious Brew. Essentially a strong lager (nearly 5%) and fairly bland without much character

Fermented with champagne yeast to give it smaller bubbles and a smoother body. I wasn't a fan. Too sweet for my liking.

Wylam Remain the Light. A superb cask 5% ABV EPA. Very enjoyable.

Indy Man Beer Con tickets go on sale on 15th June at 9pm. The festival is on October 6th-9th - although I image the Thurssday is an industry day.

Hopefully going for one of the Saturday sessions - anyone else up for it???

If I had an inkling about WTF it's about U might be able to comment with more authority.

This lunchtime:

~ Otley 10 - Oxymoron - A 5.5% black IPA with a hoppy finish
~ The Beer Studio - Flaxon Flagon - 4.6%, biscuit coloured ale. Very smooth. Malty and fruity apparently.

If I had an inkling about WTF it's about U might be able to comment with more authority.

Independent Manchester Beer Convention - big fuck off beer festival held in the Victoria Baths building in Manchester. It's touted as one of the best beer festivals in the UK. Loads of awesome breweries and beers and no discrimination on dispense method :icon_wink:

More deets - http://www.indymanbeercon.co.uk

Indy Man Beer Con tickets go on sale on 15th June at 9pm. The festival is on October 6th-9th - although I image the Thurssday is an industry day.

Hopefully going for one of the Saturday sessions - anyone else up for it???

I'd be up for that

Thanks for the explanation. Otherwise I was expecting some kind of Gay Pride rally thingy. More deets? Really? Is this what our once rich language has become. Deets? Fucking 'deets'?

I'd be up for that

Cool, probably aim for the Saturday evening session. Although if Saturday afternoon makes travel easier then I'd be cool with either really.

Thanks for the explanation. Otherwise I was expecting some kind of Gay Pride rally thingy. More deets? Really? Is this what our once rich language has become. Deets? Fucking 'deets'?

I thought Deets was a brewery to begin with.

I'd be well up for going to that as it's in my favourite city. I'll check the diary and buy a thesaurus.

Back