• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It's a good few weeks from being ready yet. Bare concrete floor, no lights and just a double length trestle table from which they were serving the bottles in plastic cups!

Beavertown Gamma Ray, Zapato Hi IPA and finished with a Jakehead IPA.

Last bottle of Born to Die and it's lost a lot of bite. Still a fucking awesome beer though.

Just opened my first bottle of Titanic Iceberg. Lovely beer, think it has to be my favourite.

Yeastie Boys Gunnamatta - 6.5% Earl Grey IPA. Not too sold on this one, a big aroma of tea and it certainly floods through in the taste. The tea overpowers the hops unfortunately which gives it a bit of a flat body, not a bad beer by all means but not one I'd be searching out again.

Pretty impressed with Weal Ales. Wasnt expecting much but their stout was good and sturdy with a roasty bitterness and decent chocolate and coffee flavour. Their pale ale is pumped full of Mosiac & Citra and has a cracking aroma and flavour. Not quite bitter enough but still a very decent local brew.

Gipsy Hill - Drifter. Best IPA I've ever had. I don't want it to end. All mango, pineapple and papaya with no bitterness at all.

Gipsy Hill - Drifter. Best IPA I've ever had. I don't want it to end. All mango, pineapple and papaya with no bitterness at all.

Where did you pick one up from?

Where did you pick one up from?

CBC box from Beermerchants.

There's no way they're not brewing this again though. It's just too good. I've never had anything like it.

Ah nice, you had the DIPA v3 yet?

A good steady brew from Adnams is Broadside.

The club we go into at Mablethorpe had a selection of bottled beers, they intend to have different ones during the summer. Last night they had Spitfire, London Pride and Broadside. I am familiar with the first two so thought I would give the Broadside a try, and I enjoyed it.

I've just been talking with one of the Northern Monk brewers who tells me that they have started brewing with a new American yeast which boosts and enhances the flavours even more! I can't wait for the new batches to go line.

Back