• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I think Tribute is decent, if you see Proper Job there as well Frank it's a very nice beer too.

13227519_10157121527640647_1283048665575273091_o.jpg

Souvenirs from the Stafford Beer and Cheese Festival.

The Neapolitan Milk Stout is from a brand new bottle bar just of the market square in Stafford. Not finished the refurb yet so just selling bottles today. Huge range of Belgian, American and UK beer. Looks like it could be a cracking place when it's fully open.

I think Tribute is decent, if you see Proper Job there as well Frank it's a very nice beer too.

Yeah Proper Job's decent enough, they have it in a Bistro by us which is a bonus. Never tried it out of the bottle though, might pick some up.

Never had Proper Job but Big Job is lush.

Just had a gorgeous pint of Trade Winds. Hard to beat when it's on form.

13227519_10157121527640647_1283048665575273091_o.jpg

Souvenirs from the Stafford Beer and Cheese Festival.

The Neapolitan Milk Stout is from a brand new bottle bar just of the market square in Stafford. Not finished the refurb yet so just selling bottles today. Huge range of Belgian, American and UK beer. Looks like it could be a cracking place when it's fully open.
Where's the bottle store? Just got back from being soaked at the ale festival. Wasn't much left, but got a few bottles of titanic iceberg, plum porter and top totty

Never had Proper Job but Big Job is lush.

Just had a gorgeous pint of Trade Winds. Hard to beat when it's on form.

Didn't think I've had a big job, I'll have to try a bit of that. Can you get Trade Winds in England Lycan?

Yeah Proper Job's decent enough, they have it in a Bistro by us which is a bonus. Never tried it out of the bottle though, might pick some up.

Where's that Booz?

You could get Trade Winds from Waitrose or Sainsbury's.

I've had it from a bottle and it doesn't measure up, still nice though.

@Johnny. I'm not sure, Cairngorm will send their beers down to England but I'm not sure how frequently.

Bloody hell, that pub's a blast from the past. Not been in there since I was about 19!

The old Navigation Inn at the end of Fibbersley. The food in there is bloody decent as well.

Drove past there earlier today and the food board outside caught my eye. Have you tried the 48oz Steak (only £29)?

Where's the bottle store? Just got back from being soaked at the ale festival. Wasn't much left, but got a few bottles of titanic iceberg, plum porter and top totty

The old Gunmakers store on the market square.

Magic Rock Rapture - 4.6% red ale. Lovely beer this one, subtle grapefruit and orange in the background of a full on malty, hoppy body. Great session ale this one.

Magic Rock High Wire. Can't help but compare this to Elvis Juice, and this one is much sweeter. A great beer with plenty of grapefruit that slightly overpowers the hops.

Rapture is nice enough, High Wire is far too grapefruity, doesn't even taste like beer.

Got a few cans of Salty Kiss on the train from the same brewery, an absolute beauty. Nothing better than a good gose.

Couldn't tell you for sure mate as I'm not too familiar with Stafford. Mentioned it here previously.

Amazing choice of bottles. Hundreds of 'em. Particularly good if you like your trappist stuff.
Yeah it is Bate's, was a fairly famous fishing and gun shop.

Will be good to have another micropub in stafford, only one we currently have is a bit too real aley for me.

Back