• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Heard good things about Wylam & Jakehead in particular.

I've just had a saison called Colette from Great Divide brewing co in Denver, Colorado. Followed up by a Belgian Tripple (Orabelle) and an intensely hoppy IPA (Titan) from the same brewery. Superb stuff.

The perfect beers to wind down in the sunshine after a 5 hour treck up Ben Lomond.

I HAD to call in the Refectory en route to the station for a couple of Jakeheads. Cracking stuff.

Heard good things about Wylam & Jakehead in particular.

I've just had a saison called Colette from Great Divide brewing co in Denver, Colorado. Followed up by a Belgian Tripple (Orabelle) and an intensely hoppy IPA (Titan) from the same brewery. Superb stuff.

The perfect beers to wind down in the sunshine after a 5 hour treck up Ben Lomond.

I am looking forward to a couple of Thwaites Wainwrights in a fortnight after a tick off a hill or two near Keswick.

A quick Naylor's Brewery Spring Loaded. A rather good cask 4.4% Citra EPA.

Just going for a walk on the seafront, then I will try a couple of glasses of XXB. I can almost taste it already..

One of these babies is better Frank

dbb711a868721451f59162306606ee51.jpg

It probably is LW, but XXB is the only choice in the Beck at Mablethorpe. And quite pleasant it is as well

Frank, when you go for a drink do you tend to default for the tried and tested 'safe' stuff such as Ruddles, Spitfire, XXB or do you look at other ales on offer and have a dash at them?

Had a couple of Dead Pony Club's in my local yesterday (in cans) 2 for £5. Bargain. Was going to try a Little Creatures Aussie Pale Ale but never got the chance, anybody tried this?

Yep, had Little Creatures PA on tap during my trip down under earlier this year and posted about it back in February! A bloody good drop.

Frank, when you go for a drink do you tend to default for the tried and tested 'safe' stuff such as Ruddles, Spitfire, XXB or do you look at other ales on offer and have a dash at them?

I will try any draught beers. Though in my opinion spitfire takes some beating

There's loads out there to beat it tbf, but if it floats your boat then so be it.

There's loads out there to beat it tbf, but if it floats your boat then so be it.

I don't think there are loads to beat it, but we all like different things. As I say, I will try any draught beer, and most are quite pleasant.

I realise that you don't think that there are loads out there to beat Spitfire. Hence my qualification. However I believe that there is. What's your opinion of Brewdog for example.

Not exclusively. Do Shepherd Neame supply bottled products?

Back