• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It's a decent enough brew at 6% ABV and I gave it 4* in my Untappd review based upon it's quality, but it's overall flavour is just not to my liking. I won't underrate a beer on it's flavour as that is way too subjective. It is way too over-powering and if I wanted a Neapolitan ice cream I wouldn't elect to have it in a hoppy liquid format.

I understand the craft brewing ethos, but some combinations just don't seem right somehow. I agree to some extent with Paddy's sentiment. However I do like some of the craft collaborations.

Yeah, some of them are pretty out-there. I'm all for it though. It's out of those experimental brews that you find some real gems.

I would never have thought a 7.4% Guatemalen Coffee Porter would be my favourite beer a couple of years ago.

That's what I would have thought a few years ago. The abv alone would have sent me running.

Nothing to do with ABV. I just do not like stouts or porters.

I was just talking personally really. I was very unadventurous. If I was in a pub it'd be something with "Gold" in the name or description and preferrably less than 4.5% :D

Today's delivery...

attachment.php

You'll love the Fortunate Islands booz. Right up your street.

That's for tomorrow night that one is mate, I'll be sure to let you know how it is.

Just halfway through the Disco Soleil and it's a real beauty, I owe you one for recommending that. It's got everything, fruit, bitterness, hops, tanginess... Love it.

Holy shit, Born To Die is a big bitter bastard. Not in-keeping with the modern New England style juice-bombs but I think I prefer this style to that. Touch too bitter perhaps. I'll give myself a few sips to adjust.
Gorgeous aroma. Pine, citrus, caramel, honey, pineapple, peach. Awesome beer.

Inveralmond - Fair Maid @ the Sheriffmuir Inn. Lovely drop.

Great Divide - Orabelle. 8.3% Belgian Tripple, drinks like it's 4%. You could literally chug this beer. So good.

Wylam Jakehead IPA. An awesome 6.3% American. Definitely one of the best out there!
305bdc4bd31f345de84d029894405c69.jpg

I also sampled their Club of Slaughters 8.8% Double Imperial Stout. Definitely not my cup of tea!

Vocation Life and Death and Heart and Soul on offer at Tesco near me.

They're excellent for the price in Tesco. The ones I bought weren't as good as the cans I've had before they were sold in there, but still really good for the price.

Everard's Sunchaser. A bit lightweight after the Jakehead, but a decent enough cask Golden @ 4%.

That Jakehead is one of the best I've had this year.

You'll love the Fortunate Islands booz. Right up your street.

Just took the head off it and it is a fucking ace brew. The grapefruit really pops and the bitter hoppiness in the aftertaste is lush.

Back