• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

If you're on there give the kumquat IPA from Dieu du Ciel! And Modern Times - Fortunate Islands a try. Stunners.

I'll pick some up, cheers for the recommendation mucker. I was just going to order shitloads of Bergamot and BA Albino Squid but I'll chuck some of those in as well.

The Wine Seller has messaged me to say he's got some Born To Die in. Only 3 days left on it, but I don't think I can let it pass me by!

Get some. It's fucking awesome. Ive got my third batch waiting for the weekend, it'll be interesting to see how the age has affected it.

Just been to grab a bottle. £8 mind.
Grabbed a Magic Rock, Inhaler and a Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker too. They had a load of new deliveries to unbox - Arrogant Bastard, Tempest stuff, more Green Flash, Magic Rock, Buxton, Summer Wine... I'm all spent out for beer this month now though!

Ordered:

Cloudwater -Bergamot Hopfenweisse x 5
Cloudwater - Table Beer Juniper x 3
Modern Times - Fortunate Islands x 1
Modern Times - Blazing World x 1
Dieu du Ciel! - Disco Soleil x 1

Took an order in today of 3x Born to Die, 6 Jack Hammer and 3 x Elvis Juice. Bostin'.

Boozad, the Passion Fruit Kicker is a wheat beer made with passion fruit, which might be right up your street.

It does sound bloody good mate, no time for the Wine Seller this weekend though unfortunately. I'll keep my eye for some though.

Fucking hell, they're £6 on BD, slightly less if you buy multiples. Still, no delivery charge I suppose.

Yeah, thought it was a bit pricey. It'll be a one off anyway and I couldn't not get one having missed out on every other BtD release.

Cloudwater announced their DIPA v4 & v5 today. Released as a twin pack in very small numbers. It's a bit of a mass tasting panel experiment but the tasters have to pay! Same malt base, same hop bill, same yeast. The only difference is they'll be dry hopping one during fermentation and the other once fermentation has finished. The idea is to try each one and then blend them together on differing ratios. They'll then use the feedback to construct a 'best-of' for v6.

Would be quite interesting to taste the differences but I'm not sure I'll bother tbh. It'll be difficult to get hold of and is basically a mass beta testing programme! Think I'll just wait until v6 comes out. Kinda need a break from all the DIPAs - got a hankering for some piney, bitter, tropical session pales.

I'll be there! Some stonking breweries confirmed already.

Just had a look at train times. Fuck that - £55 return!?

Might be cheaper to go to the evening session, drive and get a cheap room for the night. Any recommendations Nando?

Brizzle isn't cheap on the train, I remember it being £60+ when I was looking at a return last year.

That seems bizarrely expensive this far in advance. Is that on the Train Line?

If you use National Rail you can get one for £38 return on the last Saturday they're currently selling tickets for in August.

£55 seems like their standard on the day rate as that's what it'd cost me if I was to book a return today.

Bristol isn't great for cheap rooms to be honest, especially at weekends. I doubt you'd get anything for less than the cost of the £55 rail ticket.

Yep, on Train Line.

My only other option is to convince the missus to spend the day at her mates in Cheltenham, from where I can get a £9.10 off peak return to Bristol.

Wish me luck with that negotiation...

Ha ha! I was just having a lunchtime browse around youtube and spotted our very own Stan Hullis in this video about Magic Rock!

4:30 - I'm sure it's him :icon_lol:

It seems like you'll need to wait another month before you can book an advance fare. £38 isn't too bad, but it's not exactly a bargain. It'd almost certainly be cheaper than driving and the hotel though.

Your alternative options sounds like the plan to pursue, you can then meet her in the Wild Beer bar and continue the drinking!

Shit - just realised the missus is looking for holidays over that weekend.

She'll be looking after the kids and driving - making the whole proposal very risky!

Ha ha! I was just having a lunchtime browse around youtube and spotted our very own Stan Hullis in this video about Magic Rock!

4:30 - I'm sure it's him :icon_lol:

Sneaky bastards!

Busted!

:icon_lol: Looks like you were having a nice time!

I think I was contemplating how I could not have to drive home and just stay there and drink!

Back