• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Pressure Drop - Pale Fire. Up there with the best session pales in the country.

Yeah, superb beverage. It's everywhere in London and seems to be the default drink for a lot of punters.

Yeah, superb beverage. It's everywhere in London and seems to be the default drink for a lot of punters.

Rightfully so. Can't think of many better from a British brewery. Bibble, Eternal or one of Cloudwater's session IPA's maybe.

Epic Saison followed by Tank 7 sat outside on the best day of the year. Bliss.

Heart & Soul is up there too. The Cloudwater is perhaps too juicy for an actual session. The Eternal & Pale Fire are better balanced, IMO.

Not a bad lineup for a Monday night there pal!

What Ales should I be on the look out for in the States? Obviously want to avoid drinking the standard Buds etc and a lot of Bars in NY seem to class themselves as selling Craft Ales. So any names I should be looking out for.

Here is the drinks menu for 1 bar I will be visiting - http://www.msg.stoutnyc.com/menu.php

0e26f388c0baf3ef28297459d339168f.jpg

Unfortunately the Refectory now closes on Mondays...........

What Ales should I be on the look out for in the States? Obviously want to avoid drinking the standard Buds etc and a lot of Bars in NY seem to class themselves as selling Craft Ales. So any names I should be looking out for.

Here is the drinks menu for 1 bar I will visiting - http://www.msg.stoutnyc.com/menu.php

From that list, and based on what I've tried and heard about:

Founders
Brooklyn
Firestone Walker
Goose Island
Left Hand
Oskar Blues
Victory
Sierra Nevada
Flying Dog
Lagunitas
Stone
Rogue

Also, have a butchers at this:

I hardly ever get the opportunity to drink Siren. Quality brewery although they've apparently gone downhill since their head brewer left to go to Hill Farmstead.

Well Undercurrent has certainly passed the hill start.

Cask True North @ £2.50/pint! Result.

To øl - Gossip. 4.3% gose brewed with rose hips. Glorious beer for a glorious day.

Cloudwater - Bergamot Hopfenweisse. First time trying this, can see why Booz raves about it. Lovely beer.

Cloudwater - Bergamot Hopfenweisse. First time trying this, can see why Booz raves about it. Lovely beer.

Stunning stuff. They've got some on Brewdog at the moment so I might pick a box up at 10% off.

Stunning stuff. They've got some on Brewdog at the moment so I might pick a box up at 10% off.

If you're on there give the kumquat IPA from Dieu du Ciel! And Modern Times - Fortunate Islands a try. Stunners.

The Wine Seller has messaged me to say he's got some Born To Die in. Only 3 days left on it, but I don't think I can let it pass me by!

Stunner

Attachments

• WP_20160511_004.jpg
    WP_20160511_004.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 12
And another.

Attachments

• WP_20160511_005.jpg
    WP_20160511_005.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 13
Wild Beer are opening a bar two minutes from my door! Dangerous times ahead.

Back