• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Thornbridge Bear State American IPA. At 7%, but a little too sweet for my palate tbh.

Northern Monk Mango Faith is a collaboration with leeds Uni and builds on their Faith American PA.5.1% Citra with a dry mango after taste. Not too shabby.

Vocation Life and Death. A stunning 5.2% American IPA. Vocation never fails to please

They've got Bear State on at Slaters at the mo. Was hoping to get one on Friday. They also have the Siren Proteus IPA which is meant to be superb.

Williams Bros - Redact. 4.4% Red lager/IPA hybrid. Absolutely stunning.

Is it basically a red version of their Caesar Augustus?

13118287_599480430200462_1988214361_n.jpg

Was only meant to pick up a bottle of Duvel!

Heard good things about the Extra Porter. Can't believe you went back in for a King Maker though, wasn't impressed by that at all.

I can't remember a fat lot about it to be honest. All I could taste the next day was the Tempest effort.
The Extra Porter is amazing, btw. Possibly better than Spresso.

Eurgh, Marmalade on Rye. Won't be making that mistake again. Barley wines are the Devil's work.

Acer from Bristol Brewing Co. A nice and crisp session EPA at 3.8%.

Brew by Numbers 17/03 Grisette Michelfrüh. A very good 4% Saison/Farmhouse.

Brew by Numbers 24/02 Amber Ale. A 3.8% multigrain. Stunning stuff.

Jurassic Brewing Citrus Maximus. A rather bland offering tbh. A 4% EPA with minimal citric and not a "zesty" as they would suggest.

Last edited:
Going on a 'Mild Rail Trail' on Friday, stopping at Dunblane, Bridge of Allan, Stirling, Larbert, Falkirk & Linlithgow. Got my flat cap ready, just need a whippet and a pipe now.

Strangely enough, when I first started drinking, Banks' Mild outsold their Bitter.

Katie Perry likes a Banks's Mild. FACKT

perrypint.jpg

Been spoiled here in sunny Lincolnshire today. Not only Bombadier on draught, but also Black Sheep and Spitfire. Most enjoyable.

Wild Beer, Epic Saison. So good.

Rest of the night looks like:
Cloudwater, Session IPA
Cloudwater, IPA Citra
Magic Rock, Dark Arts Surreal Stout
Buxton, Kingmaker

Best get cracking now the kids are in bed!

Pressure Drop - Pale Fire. Up there with the best session pales in the country.

Back