• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Big Red from Ossett Brewery. A decent American Red Ale 4% ABV. Followed with a Ratcher in The Rye from the Rat Brewery, which is a reasonable American Red at 4.4%.

Up tonight:

DIPAv3
Born to Die
Duke of Dank
Axe Edge

Just picked up a tasty little haul from The Wine Seller

Cloudwater, Session IPA
Beavertown, Bloody 'ell
Beavertown, 8 Ball Rye IPA
Brewdog, Ace of Simcoe
Buxton, Guatamaelen Coffee Export Porter

Also grabbed a Buxton, Barrel Aged Double Axe, but that's for someone else. Didn't fancy it tbf. Sounds a bit heavy on the alcohol sweetness to me.

They are very well stocked in there at the moment. Didn't even look at the Weird Beard, Wild Beer, Magic Rock, Vocation, Moor Beer stuff of which they had shit loads!

I might pop over tomorrow. Let us know what you think of the Ace of Simcoe Will. It's good but I prefer the Dead Pony Club.

I might pop over tomorrow. Let us know what you think of the Ace of Simcoe Will. It's good but I prefer the Dead Pony Club.

Had the Ace of Simcoe earlier. Really liked it, although I thought it thinned out by the final third and ended up a bit too watery. Cracking flavour, but yeah I think DPC has more going on.

Just tucking into the Buxton Coffee Extra Porter. Fucking fantastic. Bitter dark chocolate, roasted coffee, milk, slight hint of dark fruit sweetness - and that's just the aroma! Thick and gloopy mouthfeel and delivers everything the aroma suggests, and then some. Stunning, stunning beer.

Punk IPA is £2.50 for 660ml in Sainsburys. Great deal that is.

Finally converted my dad to craft beer as well, he heads over Brum every weekend now to do the Wellington and Purecraft.

I think the Dead Pony Club is an ace beer. I had a Saddlers Peaky Blinder black IPA, lovely and dark with bitter coffee and berry flavours. A very drinkable ale, followed that with a Sam Adams, both were on draught and were very good.

Dropped into the wine cellar a few weeks ago and picked up a Brewdog prototype milk stout. Was bloody lovely and smooth and I'm not really a stout fan.

I think that's the one that became the Jet Black Heart Johnny.

Just about to head out to Moor and Left Handed Giant's tap rooms. Excited!

Let us know how class it was mate.

Beavertown Applelation - 8.7% Bramley Apple Saison. What a first beer for a Sunday afternoon, a perfectly balanced, spicy saison that works beautifully with the apple tartness. Notes of honey finish off a really fresh, summer beer.

Weird Beard Something Something Dark Side - 9.2% Dark IPA. This is a real beauty, a highly hopped IPA with big roasted chocolate, honey and a slight rum undertone. Thick, sticky and dank it's way too drinkable for the ABV. Another winner from WB.

Heathen from Northern Monk. A really awesome American PA at 7.2% too.

Currently enjoying a pint of Bombardier in Sutton on Sea. Rather nice it is as well.

Sadly no Bombardier available so I've settled for a Cascadian Black IPA from Northern Monk called Eternal Darkness. Not too bad if you like a burnt toast after taste.

Sadly no Bombardier available so I've settled for a Cascadian Black IPA from Northern Monk called Eternal Darkness. Not too bad if you like a burnt toast after taste.

Brewdog are stocking these in their bars if anyone wants to get their hands on one btw.

Leezie Lundie from Ayr Brewing Co. A decent enough session PA. 3.8% ABV English style bitter. Followed up with a Jolly Beggars Bitter. A pleasant though average ale at 4.2%

You were right about Ayr Lycan! What a dump.

The Vocation stock at Tesco doesn't taste as good as the ones I've had before through Beer52.

The Vocation stock at Tesco doesn't taste as good as the ones I've had before through Beer52.

You're not the only one who I've seen say that. I thought the same about the latest batch of Them & Us. I think it's all racked on their new canning line, so perhaps they've not dialled it in properly? Or perhaps they've had to ramp up production so much that recipes have changed and quality control has slipped.

That's always the danger when you scale up I suppose.

Back