• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

East Bristol Brew tour this weekend. Moor, Dawkins, Left Handed Giant, Good Chemistry and Arbor.

Nice.

Seen this crop up on Twitter a few times. Looks really fucking good!

Nice one! How did you get that sorted?

I go in there quite a lot after work, just got to know the head brewer and he asked me if I wanted to brew a beer one day. It really is a tiny place, the brewery is a really small kit just round the corner from the bar.

Nice one. So did you get a say in style/hops etc?

Nice one. So did you get a say in style/hops etc?

Not on the hops as we had to work with what they've already got on order but I did with the style. The owner is pretty set in his ways, we had to convince him to go with it. If it gets decent feedback from the locals he might add it to their 'regular' range.

Exciting mate! Would love to do the same. Wouldn't waste my time with a wheat beer though... :icon_wink:

I had a Pabst Blue Ribbon today... It was worse than carlsberg!

Just bought a ticket for Birmingham Beer Bash. It's on the last day of term so hopefully a few of us will be heading up. Keg only this year. Sorry CAMRA purists... :-/

Columbus - Bodhi. 8.5% DIPA. Fucking spectacular.

Northern Monk Neapolitan IPA. 6.2% fruit IPA based on the ice cream that shouldn't work, but somehow does!

Northern Monk Neapolitan IPA. 6.2% fruit IPA based on the ice cream that shouldn't work, but somehow does!

Sounds awesome. I imagine they've just thrown in a load of vanilla, cocoa & strawberries into the fermenter?

The Halfway House looks good btw. An Teallach - Hector on tap too which is top drawer.

Sounds awesome. I imagine they've just thrown in a load of vanilla, cocoa & strawberries into the fermenter?

The Halfway House looks good btw. An Teallach - Hector on tap too which is top drawer.
Sort of! Halfway House is ace!

I'm in Ayr on Monday and Tuesday nights (leaving Wednesday). Any tips?

Seriously though, Troon is supposed to be good for real ale. They have a festival there every year. Only ever been in the Harbour Bar and they had a tap takeover by Tempest at the time, no idea what their usual range is like.

2 month old Axe Edge. Still to have a better IPA. Absolutely screaming drink.

So after some research it looks like the Glen Park Hotel in Ayr is the brewery tap for the Ayr Brewing Company. Any one familiar with these guys?

Can't say I am, I'm afraid.

Back