• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Elvis juice. I quite like it... Didn't think I would. The best of the many grapefriut IPA's kicking about atm.

Magic Rock × Lervig Farmhouse Ale. Brilliant 6% loveliness.

Got an Elvis Juice, a Bloody 'Ell and a Passion Fruit Kicker to consume at some point, hopefully over the weekend. #fruity

Dieu du Ciel! - Disco Solei. 6.5% Kumquat IPA. Beast.

Northern Monk Custard Cream. A pale ale with added crushed custard cream biscuits. Initially ok, then the sweetness kicks in. Novelty at best.

Northern Monk Custard Cream. A pale ale with added crushed custard cream biscuits. Initially ok, then the sweetness kicks in. Novelty at best.

Made with real custard creams, no less:

Custard Creams? Really?

What the fucking hell is wrong with having a beer that tastes of well, you know, beer?

I had an Earl Grey dark beer on Tuesday brewed by the Brussels beer project. Very nice it was too.

Not custard creams, that's for certain.

Why not? I drank a Belgian Dubbel last night that tasted of chocolate with dandelion & burdock!

Even 'traditional' beer styles can taste of citrus, grapefruit, lemon, orange, corriander, pine, chocolate, coffee, toffee, bread, biscuit, banana, clove, milk, vanilla and that's before we talk about beers made with extra adjuncts and ingredients such as fruit, coffee, cacao, herbs and spices.

Craft brewers are just pushing these flavour profiles and boundaries further by experimenting with differing ingredients, hop quantites and flavour combinations and coming up with some amazing beer.

Northern Monk recently brewed a beer designed to taste like neapolitan ice cream, and it's being lauded as one of the best beers of the year so far!

This doesn't excuse the above video, by the way, which I think is a bit "for the sake of it" and silly.

Beer52 are doing an offer of 8 beers, magazine and snack for £19p/m forever if you sign up today. Use code LP19.

Back