• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

As I said, I thought it was a brewery, not sure that I have tried any of their products.

As I said, I thought it was a brewery, not sure that I have tried any of their products.

You should. There are plenty of very good breweries about and those with better information than me post about them all the time. I have both Joules and Titanic by me and both are immeasurably better than the Sheperd Neame brewery IMO. You should try them both as they have such large selections.

It is a brewery (just like Shepherd Neame) and it also has it's own bars that serve it's products. I am interested in your opinion of the diversity now on offer in pubs and bars in the UK and the accessability of brewers with their tap rooms delivering straight from the brewhouse to the customer.

Mightily impressed with what Joule's have done with my local. Top brewery

You should. There are plenty of very good breweries about and those with better information than me post about them all the time. I have both Joules and Titanic by me and both are immeasurably better than the Sheperd Neame brewery IMO. You should try them both as they have such large selections.

I have tried titanic beers, they went down well...

Joules's is a classic example of reviving a great beer with great tradition back in it's original heartland. I was over the moon when I was eventually re-united with it some 40 odd years after it left Stone and was absorbed by Bass.

Titanic is a great brewery. I prefer it to Joules, but both are vastly superior to Shepherd Name. That's not to say it's a bad brewery by any meamns, just that there are hundreds of better beers out there.

Talking of 'beige' beers, I had to make do with Wadsworth 6X yesterday. Varying degrees of 'meh'.

Titanic is a great brewery. I prefer it to Joules, but both are vastly superior to Shepherd Name. That's not to say it's a bad brewery by any meamns, just that there are hundreds of better beers out there.

Talking of 'beige' beers, I had to make do with Wadsworth 6X yesterday. Varying degrees of 'meh'.

But surely it is down to opinion. I think Spitfire and Bishops Finger are very nice beers, as good as any other ales I have tasted.

Having a pint of Speckled Hen now.

They are ok beers. There is no doubting that, but the variety of beers available now is brilliant. As Langers has stated we have moved from the 'beige' offerings and have access to some truly phenomenal stuff (stouts and porters excepted).

But surely it is down to opinion. I think Spitfire and Bishops Finger are very nice beers, as good as any other ales I have tasted.

Having a pint of Speckled Hen now.

Of course its all down to opinions. Its one of your favourites which is great - my opinion is that the 3 you mention above are okay, 6/10 stuff but there are so very many better beers out there. Each to their own and all that.

I'm meeting my folks later this evening in a Bathams pub. Om nom nom.

Golden Glow in the shrub is on top form.

Pub question - who on here is happy to sit in a pub on their own? I often find it a very nice way to wind down so I often do. I always pop in here if I've had my kids for the weekend. After they've gone, obviously.

I do it regularly Langers especially after work or a bad news event. I don't have a problem with my own company, but there again I am an only child. Oh and being a miserable unsociable twat helps as well.

I am quite happy to sit in the pub on my own these days. Can collect my thoughts and watch sport without being moaned at too :)

I do it quite often when I'm away with work.

Take a newspaper or a book and I'm quite happy. Often find I drink slower on my own too.

I too enjoy my own company. I tend to agree with everything I say and my music tastes are fucking immense.

Nearly as good as mine Langers!
Meh, you don't possess the same high standard of wit.

I've discussed it with myself and I'm in agreement. You're very good company though. 7 on 10 overall.

Back