• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Yorkshire folk fight dirty. I've seen it happen.

*Backs down and gets another pint in*

We're not Yorkshire. Hard core Staffy! Be scared. Very scared.

I have to sit on my own as the beers I drink are not considered good enough by my peers, and would ruin their reputation...!

Yeah, I'd insist you sat on the other side of the pub TBH Frank. Until it was your round.

As if they'd sell something so plain in a Holdens pub... ;)

I'm an only child who prefers my own company and also an unsociable git, but I'd find it a bit odd sitting in a pub on my own. I have no problem with other people doing it in general but it always seems to come across as a bit "Billy no-mates".

I was only trying to establish whether or not you have been tempted to try any of the beers mentioned in this thread. As you are in a similar age group to myself I was interested to read if you just stick to your usual or do you try any of the new breed stuff. That was all.

I quite often sit in the pub on my own with a book. Only for a swifty on the way home from something or other, but I quite like it.

I quite often sit in the pub on my own with a book. Only for a swifty on the way home from something or other, but I quite like it.

I'd really love to be able to do this.To sit in a pub by a fire reading a book over a couple of pints. Smashing, unfortunately I think a woman doing this would get some odd looks. Which is a shame really.

I don't think that is the case these days Ppb. There used to be a stigma attached to single woman in pubs, but that barrier has long been pulled down.

I'd really love to be able to do this.To sit in a pub by a fire reading a book over a couple of pints. Smashing, unfortunately I think a woman doing this would get some odd looks. Which is a shame really.

Whatever you do Susie, don't sit there with a glass of Spitfire...!

HQWL0H3.gif

Back