• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Just ordered these:

Moor - Hoppiness - IPA 6.5% 1
Moor - Confidence - Red Ale 4.6% 2
Buxton - Axe Edge - IPA 6.8% 3
Weird Beard - Sorachi Faceplant - IPA 8.1% 1
Weird Beard - Something Something Darkside - Stout IPA 9.2% 1
Weird Beard - Fade To Black - Black IPA 6.3% 1
Weird Beard - Out of Office - Coffee IPA 7% 1
Weird Beard - Single Hop Centennial - IPA 9% 1
Weird Beard - Five O'Clock Shadow - IPA 7.3% 1
Vocation - Life & Death - IPA 6.5% 2

I think the best red ale I've had so far is Fourpure's Northern Latitude, lush as fuck. Beavertown's 8 Ball ain't too shabby either. Looking forward to Confidence now.

Nice! Some powerhouses in there mate.

The Out Of Office is going to be interesting, first coffee IPA I've seen. Really looking forward to seeing how that one pans out.

There's an event on there from 2pm on Saturday called "Humulus Lupulus 2016". Loads of UK IPAs, DIPAs and TIPAs. It's being hosted by a couple of Youtube beer reviewers. It'll be craft beer wanker heaven in there mate :D
I've tried the Weird Beard Out of Office. Not too bad, but I wouldn't have it out of choice. Also Northern Monk's Bombay Dazzler which was ok, but again not overwhelmingly so. However Magic Rock's Cannonball certainly made up for the other disappointments.

Last edited:
Quickly followed up with a King Maker from Buxton Brewery, a very good DIPA, but so far Brew By Numbers 11/05 Citra Session takes the DBs award.
dc5e50ab6dc676fc999de805ffcec5f7.jpg

We'll make a hipster out of you yet Phil! :icon_wink:

Magic Rock Human Cannonball. Fucking brilliant DIPA at 9.2%.

The visit concludes with Magic Rock's Un-Human Cannonball. A DIPA @ 11%. STUNNING.

Last edited:
I prefer the 5AM personally, think it's got some real bollocks to it. DPC is a great brew as well though. If you like the citrus notes try an Elvis Juice, massive grapefruit hit really works sublimely with the hops. An amazing brew.

Will try that Booz, some really good recommendations on here, nearly enough for a man to grow a beard.

Harviestoun - Ola Dubh 18 year special reserve @ the Dormy House, Gleneagles. Pure decadence. Gloopy, viscous 8% imperial stout aged in 18 year old Highland Park casks. Whiskey, dark fruits, vanilla & liquorice in the aroma. Very sweet up front with loads of vanilla, caramel, loads of roasted malt & a bit of smoke in the middle and then that gorgeous fruity Highland Park whiskey finish. Apologies for the waffle but this might just be the best beer I've ever had and I'm a little bit excited. So fucking luxurious.

A decent session oat pale from Zapato in the Refectory. Record Hop. On cask too!

The Northern Monk - Eternal was on top form yesterday. Fast becoming my go-to session pale.

Were you at the Refactory pre-game then mate?

Did they have any of the Cloudwater, Magic Rock and Buxton DIPAs left over from the weekend?

Cloudwater had gone by Saturday night. Magic Rock and Buxton were still available (upon request 😉).

Back