• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Never been in one of their bars so no idea what their prices are like, but for the core range bottled (Punk, 5am, DPC etc) they're quite reasonably priced I thought. The Born to Die were a bit steep (and apparently could have been had cheaper through AB Inbev), but the next level beers (Jack Hammer, Monk Hammer, Elvis Juice, ASA etc) are still pretty well priced. Dog E is a bit steep at a tenner a pop but other brewers like 8 Wired and BBNo are knocking out some aggressively priced quality ales as well.

It's about £4.65 for a pint of Punk in a Brewdog bar.

It's about £4.65 for a pint of Punk in a Brewdog bar.

I'll stick to bottles. To be honest a couple here and there wouldn't bother me but it's not something I'd make a habit of, that's rough as fuck.

Tiny Rebel, Cwtch on BeerBods tonight. So good. Ticks so many boxes. Love me a red ale :D

I'll stick to bottles. To be honest a couple here and there wouldn't bother me but it's not something I'd make a habit of, that's rough as fuck.
Which is fine for those who like a tipple at home. For those like me who drink in pubs it is shite.

Which is fine for those who like a tipple at home. For those like me who drink in pubs it is shite.

I totally agree. Having said that I did plump for two bottles of Punk for £7 instead of Carling or Worthington on my dad's birthday.

Anyone know of a decent supermarket or off licence in town where I can grab a couple of beers from?

Ah shit yeah, there's a new one by the train station isn't there!

5d9d286d1b2164ac92b206a95b09cad1.jpg

Nice little weekend selection

Nice! Happy friday. Full report expected by tomorrow morning....

There's only 4! I would expect a full report by 12:45 pm!

Seems Northern Monk are bringing out another Opeth beer - a Communion Pale Ale (which I gather is just a play on their latest album title...?) Should be out at the end of the month.

I shall check when I visit the Refectory this weekend.

There's an event on there from 2pm on Saturday called "Humulus Lupulus 2016". Loads of UK IPAs, DIPAs and TIPAs. It's being hosted by a couple of Youtube beer reviewers. It'll be craft beer wanker heaven in there mate :D

BBNo's 55|01 Citra Mosaic Simcoe Double IPA looks like a cracking ale. Will be ordering some next week. DIPA heaven lately!

Yeah, it's a good'un Boozad. £6 a bottle was a bit hard to take though!

Yeah, it's a good'un Boozad. £6 a bottle was a bit hard to take though!

Born to Die was £6 a pop as well, albeit 660ml bottles. Going to crack one soon, then a DIPAv3 straight after to compare.

Cleanse your palate in between mate.

Back