• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Uh oh, I just Cloudwatered all over my kitchen:

A phenomenal selection there mate. You bastard.

Just ordered three Born to Die to go with the four DIPAv3 along with some Jack Hammer, Monk Hammer and Elvis Juice. Some Axe Edge and Duke of Dank would make it complete...

Fuck me, you hipsters have a lingo all of your own!

I'm enjoying a Signature from the 1648 Brewing Company. A very good Golden Ale.

If any of you are heading to the Wellington over the next day or two, my workmate's first ever beer as a professional brewer is on tap!

Moseley Beer Co, Mariana Porter - an 8% honey porter. He's off this week, so I'm yet to grab a bottle off him to try it so can't tell you what it's like although I know it won an award at the Moseley Beer Festival last year.

Cool laser cut pump clip an' all:

Cf8E96HW4AAcOyS.jpg

It's legendary mate. Probably the best Brum city centre real ale boozer.

Tesco have got some good offers at the moment. Loads of ales on a 4 for £6. Boondoggle, HPA and the like. Just picked up some Mud City Stout on the offer. BrewDog core range (no Jet Black Heart, annoyingly) for £1.50 and the 660ml Punk is £2.50. They've also got some more craft stuff for £1.50 each - just picked up an Adnams Crystal Rye IPA, Samuel Adams Rebel IPA and a Brooklyn Brewery Eastern IPA.

The Brooklyn is very decent for the price. Picked up a few a couple of weeks back.

They're meant to be stocking Vocation stuff at the end of the month. #gamechanger

No wonder pubs are struggling. Brewdog (as an example) seems to have a similar lack of scruples on pricing as the big 4.

It's legendary mate. Probably the best Brum city centre real ale boozer.

Aah, I haven't drunk over Brum for probably the best part of 20 years. Nearly had a quick couple in Purecraft a couple of weeks ago but it didn't look like the kind of place you could take kids in so we gave it a miss. The only places I really drank there were through playing in the bands; Pen & Wig, Costermonger etc. I need to go over more often.

No wonder pubs are struggling. Brewdog (as an example) seems to have a similar lack of scruples on pricing as the big 4.

Is there a tax difference when selling beer in a pub as opposed to a supermarket/off licence? Or is it simply buying power of the likes of Tesco and Sainsburys that brings the prices down?

Aah, I haven't drunk over Brum for probably the best part of 20 years. Nearly had a quick couple in Purecraft a couple of weeks ago but it didn't look like the kind of place you could take kids in so we gave it a miss. The only places I really drank there were through playing in the bands; Pen & Wig, Costermonger etc. I need to go over more often.

Purecraft is pretty child friendly, especially if you're eating or there in the afternoon. Definitely worth a visit next time to get a chance mate.

Never been in one of their bars so no idea what their prices are like, but for the core range bottled (Punk, 5am, DPC etc) they're quite reasonably priced I thought. The Born to Die were a bit steep (and apparently could have been had cheaper through AB Inbev), but the next level beers (Jack Hammer, Monk Hammer, Elvis Juice, ASA etc) are still pretty well priced. Dog E is a bit steep at a tenner a pop but other brewers like 8 Wired and BBNo are knocking out some aggressively priced quality ales as well.

Purecraft is pretty child friendly, especially if you're eating or there in the afternoon. Definitely worth a visit next time to get a chance mate.

Good to know Will, the girls are always very well behaved anyway. There were just a fair few suits in there and I just got the wrong impression having a quick butcher's through the window. We'll drop in next time we're over there now I know where it is.

It'll be just the lunchime city-centre office crowd. All there for the same reason :pint2:

Back