• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Next weekend's going to be a banger with four DIPAv3 and four of these. Born to Die sounds like an amazing IPA.

New BrewDog bar opening in Norwich on Friday will be their first to serve cask ale.

Don't know for sure. It's just a couple of ITK tweets reporting it. At a guess it'd be guest. Can't see Brewdog changing their production line/schedule for one bar.

If I were to take an educated guess then there will be a BD cask beer.

They have a dedicated part of the brewery that would brew a small batch

False alarm. No cask at Brewdog Norwich after all....

James Watt ‏@BrewDogJames 28m28 minutes ago

@totalcurtis @mjpo007 @Clayfiish @brewdog Not sure where this came from. But there won't be cask at Norwich. Sorry.

That was pretty exciting for a minute.

That was pretty exciting for a minute.

They are definitely considering it though and it wouldn't surprise me if they introduce it into some of their bars in the future.

Brewdog aren't against cask, they were just against how people were looking after it and how it was being served.

They did pretty well from their anti-CAMRA stance too after they got banned from GBBF - keg only consciously added to that image too surely.

Wiper & True/Beer52 - Citrus & Sevens. 5.7% IPA brewed with Seville oranges. I've been drinking a lot of Bloody 'Ell recently and this is almost as good.

I haven't got my hands on one of those yet.

Just enjoying a Wye Valley HPA. One of my favourite cask beers.

Uh oh, I just Cloudwatered all over my kitchen:

12985454_10156977890430647_8212344838662772035_n.jpg

There's 3 DIPA v3, 3 Citra IPA and a couple of Autumn Range Red Ales in there that were half price as they are 'best before' Jan 2016. Not the freshest, but it was such a lovely beer, I couldn't resist taking the risk on them.

Oh and a couple of 2 month old Axe Edge :D

Love the artwork on the DIPA v3.

I had a Citra not long ago and it's absolutely out of this world. They've used the same Vermont ale yeast as in the DIPA v3 and it just takes it to a whole new level.

So I've heard, can't wait to get them cracked open! Got a few mates round this weekend so things could get a bit messy....

I think I actually preferred the Citra to the v3 and that's no slight on the v3 whatsoever.

I think I actually preferred the Citra to the v3 and that's no slight on the v3 whatsoever.

I've read that from a couple of people too. I've still got a v2 so it'll be interesting to see how they all compare. Well, interesting for me at least!

Goldmark's American Hop Idol. A very good, fresh and nicely hopped cask American IPA.

Back