• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Pizza Port Brewing Co. - Chronic Amber Ale. From the name I thought this would be super dank and piney but it's the opposite of that. Nice sticky toffee malts, lemon, mango & papaya from the hops, hardly any bitterness and a really smooth, light mouthfeel. Ridiculously drinkable.

Hatherwoods - Ruby Rooster, a very smooth, slightly nutty ale. More than acceptable

Followed by their Amber Adder - not as nice - too much of an orange taste

Really should have drunk them the other way round

Someone's been to Lidl.... :D

Last night's BeerBods was a Moor, RAW

450x450.jpg

An untraditional best bitter. Lovely malty sweetness balanced superbly with bitterness, nice citrus overtones and even some fruity hop notes as it warmed. Perhaps a slightly thin mouthfeel for the style coming from a can, but I imagine on cask this would be one of the best best bitters around.

CdQSw6WW0AQEN21.jpg

Up in Wales that weekend :(

Hatherwoods - Ruby Rooster, a very smooth, slightly nutty ale. More than acceptable

Followed by their Amber Adder - not as nice - too much of an orange taste

Really should have drunk them the other way round

I wasn't really a fan of the Amber Adder either. I really liked the Green Gecko though.

Moor are superb. I really need to get over to their tap room.

Moor are superb. I really need to get over to their tap room.

Yeah, I've been impressed with what I've had from them so far. Think I'm going to have to grab a few more of their beers next time I'm beer shopping.

First of a BrewDog session.

Brewdog Ace of Simcoe - 4.5% session IPA. It's hard not to compare this to Neck Oil, and for me it wins. Pine on the nose with tropical fruits. A little oily (which isn't a bad thing) and the pine carries through, mainly with some citrus zest and hints of apple. Perfect bitterness at the end as well. This could easily be drunk all day long.

BrewDog Albino Squid Assassin - 7.4% Red Rye IPA. Love this fucker, the initial malty tropical sweetness quickly gets blitzed by dominating red rye spiciness with hints of brown sugar. Huge bitter finish really compliments the dank, resinous, sticky sweet/spiciness. This is on my list for a tailor made Christmas beer, although I could drink this anytime.

Sounds good man!
Just sipping a glass of homebrew porter. Time is this drinks friend. It gets better every month! Only got 3 left, so I might keep one back until Christmas :D

Line up tonight is:
Magic Rock, High Wire Grapefruit
Buxton, Axe Edge
Brew By Numbers, 55:01 (Citra, Mosaic, Simcoe - Double IPA)

It's a hoppy kinda night...

Back