• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Slater's tonight:
"Some of today's Keg offerings Beavertown Gamma Ray, Magic rock Ringmaster and Thornbridge Jaipur x"

Tempted to sack the football off!
If you hit the Jaipur X I'd sack the next day off too.

If you hit the Jaipur X I'd sack the next day off too.

Have always been tempted by a bottle, but never actually taken the plunge, so it's defitinely on my list for tonight. They're only serving it in 1/3s though, thankfully!

If you go to the Beer52 bottleshop and type in Beer52 at checkout, you get £5.00 off your order. As delivery is £4.99, it just basically gives you free delivery. While this is not the greatest offer in the world, they are selling Them & Us for £2.40 a can (no idea if this is a good price?) and I know a few of you on here are a fan of Them & Us.

I've just put a box together of Wild Beer Fresh, Them & Us, Jackhammer and Dead Pony Club and with the £5 off it comes out at £30 for 15 cans.

If you go to the Beer52 bottleshop and type in Beer52 at checkout, you get £5.00 off your order. As delivery is £4.99, it just basically gives you free delivery. While this is not the greatest offer in the world, they are selling Them & Us for £2.40 a can (no idea if this is a good price?) and I know a few of you on here are a fan of Them & Us.

£2.40 is pretty good I reckon. Beer52 is the only place you can get it, but at less then £2.50 a can, it's worth putting an order in. I think "Moor, Confidence" is slightly better for a similar style beer.

Magic Rock - Ringmaster in Slaters. Pretty decent.

Decent selection on keg. Hilarious watching peoples faces as the bar staff explain to them that the only lager comes in 2/3rds.

Hilarious watching peoples faces as the bar staff explain to them that the only lager comes in 2/3rds.

I think they may end up losing customer over this. There's always one in the any group that wants lager, and restricting them to 2/3rds seems a bit preclusive, tbh.

Have they still got the Jaipur X on?

I think they may end up losing customer over this. There's always one in the any group that wants lager, and restricting them to 2/3rds seems a bit preclusive, tbh.

Have they still got the Jaipur X on?

They do. No cider either.

I think they have polypins/boxes of cider, which you get a CAMRA discount on, as with the cask beers..... but not the craft beer in key-kegs!

Fucking CAMRA - wake up!!!

Imagine if they called it a Schooner.
I was ordering those for 5 weeks recently!!!!!

Wold Brewery's Wold Gold in the Cellar Bar. A decent enough blonde. Followed up with a Madgwick Gold from Hopperpot, a reasonable golden ale. In conclusion at the Cellar Bar, Reading Best from Loddon. If that's their best........ Not dreadful, but so, so bland.

In the Lamplighter having firstly tried an El Dorado Single Hop followed by a Porker. Decent enough stuff.

Beer in Slater's was on good form last night.

Rogue, Brutal IPA - 6.2% American IPA. Dank, bitter and juicy although got a bit heavy towards the end. Not a refresher by any means, but great flavour and bitterness.
Magic Rock, Ringmaster - altogether different beer. Pale, crisp with a citrus zing and floral hoppiness. Good body for a low abv beer too.
Arbor, Nitro Milk Stout - Good solid stout. Hint of coffee, smooth and very easy drinking.
Beavertown, Gamma Ray - was on great form. I find it can be a bit grassy at times, but it was a proper juicy banger last night!
Thornebridge, Jaipur X - So light and drinakble for it's abv. Not up there with Cloudwater DIPA and Beavertown Double Chin for the style, but still a very crisp and hoppy without being overly sweet or cloying.

The Spresso was the star of the show last night. Nothing better than a pre match imperial stout.

Certainly kept the cold at bay...

The BrewDog haul.

CdIMdo2W0AAnj6h.jpg

Good stuff matey! Let us know how the Ace of Simcoe is...

Pint of lagunitas IPA at the Euston Tap after 3 very long days at an exhibition - magical :)

Back