• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Magic Rock have canned three more of their beers this week. Rapture, High Wire & Dark Arts.

Booz, you should definitely try more Brewdog beers, they very rarely let you down.

You command, I listen. Forgot to use the fucking code though. And to add an Elvis Juice.

attachment.php

Cloudwater, Black IPA - almost stout like toasted malt flavour, but brilliantly balanced by the citrus hops. A bit like marmalade on slightly burnt toast :icon_wink:

You command, I listen. Forgot to use the fucking code though. And to add an Elvis Juice.

attachment.php

Good work!

Apparently, if you take a grapefruit to a Brewdog bar tonight, you can swap it for half a pint of Elvis Juice :icon_lol:

Buxton, Double Axe - fuck me, this one is a tough beverage. Thick sticky body and a ridiculously sweet flavour. Reminds me of Hardcore. Not a huge fan of this type of double IPA. Too heavy and gloopy.

The Cwtch was very good. As was the Otley Hop Angeles. Great pub all round actually - the Urban Tap Newport. Lovely pizza and a really wide range of beers. Will be back after the match to try something else.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Northern Monk serving Fyne's Avalanche. Cask too! A belting Golden Ale at 4.5%.

Had a good night on the beers at my sister-in-law's 40th last night.

Purity, Mad Goose
Thornbridge, Chiron
Sadler's, Boris Citrov
Vocation, Them & Us
Brewdog, Punk IPA
Plus a pressure barrel of Timothy Taylor Landlord clone homebrew, which was pretty decent too.
Ended the night with a Cloudwater DIPA v2 which tasted even better than it did a couple of weeks ago. There's something to be said for drinking fresh IPAs but it also pays to let the flavours mature for a few weeks after it's been bottled IMO.

Not a bad drink amongst that lot.

Good session, some quality beers there Will.

Just going to soak up these Punk and 5am Saints I picked up from Sainsbury's yesterday, didn't have time to make it over The Wine Seller. I'll get over next week and fill about 7 bags so I'm stocked up.

Northern Monk serving Fyne's Avalanche. Cask too! A belting Golden Ale at 4.5%.

Avalanche is a lovely drop.

Had a little trip to Bottledog yesterday. These are the beers that survived last night; Pizza Port - Chronic Amber Ale, Oskar Blues - Ten Fiddy (my favourite imp stout), Westbrook - One Claw rye pale ale (maybe my favourite beer currently), Brooklyn - Sorachi Ace, Stone - Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastard, Weird Beard - Safe Word (Chokeberry IPA???).

Just found this on Slater's twitter feed

Cc0lsHHWoAAP2rK.jpg

That's a pretty decent selection I reckon.

Sleeper is really nice. Heard good things about that Cloudwater sour beer as well. Will have to stop by for a few tomorrow.

At Manchester Airport. JW Lees' offerings (Manchester PA, Bitter and Marco Pierre White Governor) are all stunningly bland.

It's happened.

£5 for a pint in Bristol.

Wankers.

Beerd Aussie Pale Ale. It was bang average too.

I'd pay it for something I knew was going to be top notch but that's a ridiculous price considering the quality of the goods.

It's becoming the norm it seems.

Slater's tonight:
"Some of today's Keg offerings Beavertown Gamma Ray, Magic rock Ringmaster and Thornbridge Jaipur x"

Tempted to sack the football off!

Back