• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Weird Beard Holy Hoppin' Hell - 9.5% DIPA. Massive malty liquorice mixes perfectly with massive hops, very slight hints of grass with tangy grapefruit notes. Big, resinous boozy boldness. Sweet at first but a classy crisp, bitter finish. This beer is fucking immense, get some and drink it.

This fucker has a long-lingering IPA aftertaste to it, it's won me over instantly.

Weird Beard Holy Hoppin' Hell - 9.5% DIPA. Massive malty liquorice mixes perfectly with massive hops, very slight hints of grass with tangy grapefruit notes. Big, resinous boozy boldness. Sweet at first but a classy crisp, bitter finish. This beer is fucking immense, get some and drink it.

This fucker has a long-lingering IPA aftertaste to it, it's won me over instantly.

Will have to pick some up next time I'm in the Wine Seller. Sounds like a beast!

It is a beastly beer Will, to be honest it doesn't carry the 9.5% 'uck' either. The Troubador Magma I had at Christmas (9% Triple IPA) was just too much, like a barley wine or something. The HHH is just pure perfection, I could drink it all night. 5/5 on Untappd for me.

Buxton Axe Edge - Nuff said. A steaming IPA. Turns out to be the perfect follow up to HHH as well!

I really need to get back to the Wine Seller.

I've yet to have a bad Weird Beard beer. Awesome brewery.

Weird Beard Duke of Dank - 6.3% Red IPA. Fruity, bitter, hoppy, resinous, boozy heaven. So glad I finally got to pick one of these up.

Struggling with the NZ Hopfen Weisse, Boozad. Kinda got the taste for it about halfway in, but there's something about wheat beer that just rankles with me.

I get that. I've always been a big wheat beer fan since my first run in with Hoegaarden years ago. They don't have the kick a good IPA or porter have, the Three Boys Wheat for instance is quite weak in the palate but carries a quality array of flavours if you work it well enough. Personally I think the NZ Hopfen Weisse is liquid sex in a bottle.

More up my street - Kees, Mosiac Hop Explosion. 5.5% single hop IPA. So juicy. Sharp, grapefruit, peach and lime flavours and a super fresh grassy/nettle type aroma. Body is a bit thin but it's really drinkable and crisp.

Vocation Life & Death - 6.5% IPA. A right punchy little IPA. Plenty of hops and a good grassy body. I'm starting to really like Vocation beers.

Beavertown 8 Ball - 6.2% Rye IPA. Said it before and I'll say it again; a cracking beer.

That's a stellar lineup Boozad. Well played sir!

I'm finishing on a Howling Hops, West Coast IPA. Pineapple, lemon and passionfruit in this one. Cracking aroma. A touch too dank and sticky for my tastes which keeps it just behind the likes of Axe Edge, Cannonball and Baby Faced Assassin in the IPA tables. Still utterly drinkable for a ~7% beer.

Ducked into Sainsbury's after we'd been to Nando's and bowling to see what they'd got. Decent selection of beers but nothing made me moist. Picked up a few Punk IPA, a 5am Saint, Wolf Rock Red IPA, Tap Room IPA, Goose IPA and a couple of others. I'll tell 'em as I drink 'em..

Brewdog 5AM Saint - 5% Red Ale. Hats off to the hops, they're big in this one. Equally as malty giving it a big earthy liquorice hit with some citrus notes, the initial sweetness gives way to a massive bitterness. Seemed too dank at first but after a short while it becomes a very good beer. I'll be buying this again at £1.75 a bottle, an absolute bargain.

Back