• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Slater's Bar beer list:

12742730_796942017083114_2169771044418245234_n.jpg

224608_796942047083111_3166877661135033851_n.jpg

Not sure what "Fizz" is??

Pretty happy with that selection - hopefully they expand the craft guest selections though. However, Cloudwater Black IPA on tap..... Very promising.

£3.50 for 2/3 of a pint of cider :icon_lol:

I won't be going there. I don't fancy growing a beard to stroke for a start.

Yep. That looks decent. That Williams lager is pretty average for them though.

Devon Mist is a beautiful cider. Fuck knows why they're offering it as a 2/3 though.

Left Handed Giant are decent. Set up by the people who run Small Bar in Bristol I believe.

The keg list does look pretty expensive and to be honest the Cloudwater BIPA is the only one I'd be tempted by from that info (doesn't say where the Kreik is from) and that's extortionate even compared to the rest. The cask list does look decent though. Hopefully it's kept well.

Fizz will be Prosecco or something similar.

Cask list is good, Keg needs a bit of work, prices are where you would expect keg to be really.

Fizz will be Prosecco or something similar.

Cask list is good, Keg needs a bit of work, prices are where you would expect keg to be really.

For Wolverhampton it's pretty high IMO and the choice is pretty poor. You can buy any of Marston's revisionist range for £1.25 in Tesco.

Yeah, you've really got to consider location. Those prices might be fine in Birmingham City Centre but I really cannot see that working out in Wolves. The Dog and The Lych are both literally yards away, cater for that kind of market and are miles cheaper.

Yeah, you've really got to consider location. Those prices might be fine in Birmingham City Centre but I really cannot see that working out in Wolves. The Dog and The Lych are both literally yards away, cater for that kind of market and are miles cheaper.

I disagree. How can/why should Wolverhampton be getting a bargain craft beer pub? Surely their hands are tied with regards to what they charge? If £4 for 2/3s is the going is the going rate for stuff like Cloudwater and Left Hand beers then I'm happy to chose to pay that to be drinking fresh, small batch, craft brewed beer. The only local comparison is the Dog which charges close to £5 for a pint of Flying Dog - so not a massive difference really.

I agree, however, that the choice is limited at the moment, but hopefully enough people will let their tastebuds decide instead of their prejudice and miserliness and Slater's can then start to expand their range.

If you rather the price tag make your decision then the cask list is awesome and well priced - easily comparable to The Lych Gate and Dog.

There's a culture change and shift in attitude requires if Wolverhampton is ever going to move into the next phase of the beer world and start enjoying some of the best beers this country are producing.

Those keg prices are more expensive than the vast majority of places in Bristol!

I was paying £2.90 for Cloudwater 2/3 pints in Small Bar last weekend.

Those keg prices are more expensive than the vast majority of places in Bristol!

I was paying £2.90 for Cloudwater 2/3 pints in Small Bar last weekend.

Their prices range widely from beer to beer though tbf. I imagine Small Bar are buying in greater quantity too :confused:

Back