• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Enjoyed a Tooth's Pale Ale the other day. Not a bad attempt from a mainstream brewery (Carlton) at a craft ale.

I also tried a Drop Bear Draught from the Batch Brewing Company. All in all some good ales out here in Oz. However I'm looking forward to tasting an 'English' pint in a couple of days.

Did you have any "Little Creatures" beer in Australia by any chance?

Yes I did. I had a pint of their Bright Ale over in Canberra last week.

Roger-Lloyd-Pack.jpg

How did you not already know that :D

Yes I did. I had a pint of their Bright Ale over in Canberra last week.

Any good? My mate at work is doing a A-Z of beer competition and he asked me to find him something Australian and Little Creatures Pale Ale was the only thing they had at The Wine Seller.

Stopped by The WIne Seller earlier this evening. If anyone wants Cloudwater DIPA v2, they have about 30 bottles of it on the shelf...

I grabbed this little bundle:

uZxrCmkz9AThKzVlO_WjnKSZZ_RS00nfqzZxqO6RvqPG5c_63rWuaSeR83D9XU4ZPITJ8nNWKJF_vbyTGu465gXRrV14wzF7fafbeabkLTWz1-Tie16ksIFH0LqW0qyZY1Wo4EHcm0oGWOETue-IFDrPdQ9NCImXLyt6ms5OFuq7NLseCsqv3hsQBmR5U0MYc4BfrDzRycaXXg6tdA2yleKG5nDV4Tne38xO5SC_oUEx_BnNBnahOiDhuAV1BhASZD-dM9-spiznJ11RJeKNLYiUDj0Pe-V6jLIP2tpe_EQSwne7pD28yGXHmRt_7gM1zfwIOLiS--A8MeWeW3AwZHNygXaxKsdrP5MSRGF1f5gGQ2Vn6PoKj1EgFOodXxuCdpAWtpdyGY7O595SHb0CO-391A8nbQnk1hSlN-gFK-TUUX678RauZa7c-OErFbLdTsvkBqLTFh5KQguX91EiFj4iU5BFZCYBSACmXZlprozN5Av7ITHJrMDXqLBZQ9KHtzT4pAwf6gWfsy8Iz0-7Udb2um_wktW_VeCMATXq4Iymlyvpbve-_vQqBfBBrxo3EQuo=s677-no

Cloudwater DIPA v2 & NZ Hopfen Weisse (finally)
Weird Beard, A Lemon Tree My Dear Watson (ace name!)
Ska, Pinstripe (can't resist a red ale at the mo)
Vocation, Life & Death
Magic Rock, High Wire Grapefruit
Beavertown, Double Chin Double Neck Oil & Spresso Imperial Espresso Stout

The Vocation and Magic Rock have been on my to-do list for a while so I can't wait to get stuck into them.

The Highwire Grapefruit is not my cup of tea at all. Tastes so much like grapefruit juice that you can barely taste the beer behind it. The Ballast Point - Grapefruit Sculpin was the same.

Yeah, he's mentioned "Out of Darkness, Cometh Light" as the inspiration for Gamma Ray. Also Neck Oil started out as a cask bitter and that he was basically trying to clone Bathams. Well, a Black Country beer - I can only imagine it'd be Bathams though.

The original Neck Oil recipe was based around Logan’s homeage to his favourite Best Bitter from the Black Country in the West Midlands.

Can't imagine it'd be Banks's :icon_lol: Holdens maybe?

The Highwire Grapefruit is not my cup of tea at all. Tastes so much like grapefruit juice that you can barely taste the beer behind it. The Ballast Point - Grapefruit Sculpin was the same.

I had the Brewdog Elvis Juice prototype the other that's brewed with grapefruit peel (if I remember correctly) and I loved that extra bite and bitterness so I was hoping this was the same deal.

Only one way to find out....

Any good? My mate at work is doing a A-Z of beer competition and he asked me to find him something Australian and Little Creatures Pale Ale was the only thing they had at The Wine Seller.
Yeah the Bright Ale was very good. I reckon the Pale Ale should be good too.

Can't imagine it'd be Banks's :icon_lol: Holdens maybe?

Can't be Enville or he'd have cracked an egg in it. Got to be Bathams. If Neck Oil is supposed to be a Bathams clone then he's way off, they're completely different!

Can't be Enville or he'd have cracked an egg in it. Got to be Bathams. If Neck Oil is supposed to be a Bathams clone then he's way off, they're completely different!

I think the original Neck Oil must have been a very different drink. Probably just sacked of the "Best Bitter" style altogether and kept the name.

IMG_2943.jpg

Back