• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Sounds good. I need to try more Kernel stuff. I'll let you know if he messages me next week.
Apparently they had a staff shortage at Cloudwater and they fell behind on bottle labelling. I thought it was BS when I heard it but they said the same thing in Tilt on launch day apparently, so there is a faint hope he's good to his word.

Just had a draft pint of Cloudwater - Aus Hopfen Weisse in Kraft Werk Notts. Need I say more...

Came home with a Bramley apple Saison too so going to crack that in a minute

Just enjoying their Brown Ale. Fucking awesome brewery.

Had some good stuff in Huddersfield today with the odd "pish" beer

A brilliant trip to Six Strings Brewery yesterday sampling their Golden, Pale, Red PA and even a Coastie Lager.

My lads were in the Magic Rock Tap before the game today, very impressed.

I would have been in the Grove, my favourite Huddersfield drinking place.

Slater's opens on Thursday!

Shipyard - 5% American IPA at Oddfellows earlier, decent IPA to be fair, hoppy enough to please anyway. Wouldn't turn it down but wouldn't hunt it out either.

Brakspear Oxford Gold - 4% Pale Ale. Apple tones all the way, the malt starts to carry it very well after the second pint. Would do another session.

Yeah, the Shipyard is decent, tbf.

The Oxford Gold is pretty good too.

Last edited:
It was looking sparse so can only imagine they've done lots yesterday.
Frontage looks good

I'll be in tomorrow and friday

Taken from Wolverhampton Camra's instagram feed.

11251739_230130547328966_452081999_n.jpg

Top Out - Schmankerl. 4.9% wheat beer. Classic Hefeweizen. Love it.

Just found out that Logan Plant (founder of Beavertown) is Robert Plant's son and a massive Wolves fan!

Enjoyed a Tooth's Pale Ale the other day. Not a bad attempt from a mainstream brewery (Carlton) at a craft ale.

I also tried a Drop Bear Draught from the Batch Brewing Company. All in all some good ales out here in Oz. However I'm looking forward to tasting an 'English' pint in a couple of days.

Back