• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I went to the Block and Tackle microbrewery in Kincumber, NSW yesterday. Some very worthy ales being produced. English style bitter, IPA, Blonde, Wit, Porter and American Red on offer.

Some excellent work going on here. I just need to go to Six Strings microbrewery at Erina Heights.

Stone - Xocoveza. 8.1% stout brewed with cocoa, coffee, chilli peppers, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg. I can't put into words how good this is. Every sip is just fucking heaven. I think I've found my perfect xmas beer 2 months too late.

St Austell, Big Job - loads of grapefruit, lemon and lime rind. Bags of hoppy resins and a boozy bitterness. Awesome stuff, and only £2.60 for 500ml from Tesco.

Wild Beer, Millionaire to finish the night. If anyone is unsure on whether they like stouts, try this. Amazing.

Stone - Xocoveza. 8.1% stout brewed with cocoa, coffee, chilli peppers, vanilla, cinnamon & nutmeg. I can't put into words how good this is. Every sip is just fucking heaven. I think I've found my perfect xmas beer 2 months too late.

How prominent is the chilli? Not taken by the idea of a spicy beverage.

How prominent is the chilli? Not taken by the idea of a spicy beverage.

There wasn't any heat, just the flavour of the pepper coming through. Sort of a chilli/dark chocolate thing going on up front and a big smack of bitterness from the coffee/roasted malts on the back end. The festive warmth from the nutmeg/cinnamon/vanilla just ties it all together.

If you've ever had these bad boys it tastes very similar.

lambertz-lebkuchen-apricot-dark-300g.jpg

Had some stonking beer over the weekend:

Siren - Schnuckelputz
Wild Beer - Bibble
Moor - Nor' Hop
Arbor - Oz Bomb
Twisted Brewery - Conscript
Cloudwater - Brown Ale
Cloudwater - Bitter

Had the Bibble on cask and keg and it was considerably better on cask. Similarly, had the Nor' Hop on both and it was a lot tastier on keg.

Moor - Revival. Bitter from a can. A modern British classic that definitely lives up to the hype.

To Øl - Rapid Beer. 5.2% hoppy lager. Stupidly drinkable.

In Tescos earlier, I saw someone pick up a 4 pack of Tesco value canned bitter and put it in their trolley.

Words fail me. I almost told him he was doing it wrong but then I thought better of it - drinking that shit would probably make him sterile anyway so best leave evolution to work its magic.

Urgh, it's like seeing someone buy a Mrs Brown's Boys DVD when the Brass Eye box-set is next to it on the shelf.

In Tescos earlier, I saw someone pick up a 4 pack of Tesco value canned bitter and put it in their trolley.

Words fail me. I almost told him he was doing it wrong but then I thought better of it - drinking that shit would probably make him sterile anyway so best leave evolution to work its magic.
4 cans for £1 though....

When I worked at the brewery I was amazed at the amount of BetterBuy Bitter we used to do for the supermarket. Cheap crappy stuff that was about 2% abv.

I quite enjoy cheap shit lager... :) Bitter is disgusting though.

I remember years ago Netto producing lager and bitter under the 'Challenge' brand. The 'challenge' being, I assume, as to if you physically had sufficient storage capacity to consume an amount required to become slightly merry. Shandy Bass had a higher ABV.

Just popped into Cotteridge Wines as they were unboxing their massive consignment of Cloudwater DIPAv2. No limit on number of bottles per customer. They've had the biggest allocation in the country, apparantly and just placed their order for DIPAv3 :icon_lol:

Just spent £53 in there, and I can't even remember what I bought. Like a giddy child in a sweet shop! Will post deets later when I'm back home and I've unboxed it!

Happy day!

12698194_10156720080740647_5950864197412009931_o.jpg

Northern Monk, Session IPA & IPA
Buxton, Anglo-Belgique IPA & Patersbier
Kees, Mosiac Hop Explosion & Double Rye IPA
Beavertown, Double Chin (Double Neck Oil) & Spresso Imperial Espresso Stout
Cloudwater, Black IPA, Seville Orange Sour, DIPA v2 & Brown Ale

Get in my facehole!

Back