• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

May have gone overboard on the Instagram filters :D

Top selection.

Never had anything from Kees, interested to hear what they're like. Everything I've had from Northern Monk so far has been unreal. Enjoy.

Nor me, but heard good things. Anything I've had brewed with Mosiac has been awesome thus far, so I have high hopes.

Feral Hop Dog. An absolutely stunning American PA.

b9d791dd2b4f3c9ab431633c683d904a.jpg

Beer52/Panda Frog Project - 52 Pandas. A 'New World' wheat beer. I was quite excited for this one as I've had some good stuff from PFG and every Beer52 colab so far has been quality but they've got this badly wrong. Way too much hop bitterness for a wheat beer. Doesn't work at all.

Sat in Purecraft having some lovely beers at the mo.
So far:
Firestone Walker, Pale 31
Four Pure, Oatmeal Stout
Boulevard, Tank 7

All absolutely spot on. Up next will be a Purity, X; and then a Oskar Blues, Death By Coconut.

Finished off my Canberra trip by firstly a quick visit to the George Harcourt:
Murray's Angry Man followed by a Whale Ale. Both very good PAs. Finished with a John Henry's Real Ale which is a good English Bitter.
A trip to King O'Malley's found:
Three Huskies Brewing's Dog Day Harvest
Little Creatures Brewing's Bright Ale
Kosciuszko's Pale Ale (Nathan Brewing Co.)
East 9th Brewing Co's Doss Blockos Pale Lager.

Didn't get any Death by Coconut in the end. Pure Craft had sold out, as had Brewdog. Had some other awesome beers though.
Purity, Sadle Black - subtle orange and chocolate Black IPA.
Beavertown, Gamma Ray - standard
Wild Beer, Brett Brett Double IPA - Fucking awesome funky, hoppy boozey IPA
Brewdog, Adopt a Bastard - a British take on an American version of an English strong old ale. Ace.
Was asleep by 8:30 :icon_lol:

Off to the Wellington after work this evening. Looking forward to it - I haven't been for ages!

Off to the Wellington after work this evening. Looking forward to it - I haven't been for ages!
Always enjoy a visit, but last time made the mistake of going when Albion were at home and it was full of them before the match.

Just started on the Brewdog prototype beers my sister got me for Christmas. First 3 went straight down the sink after barely a taste, horrible overly perfumey stuff, thankfully left the milk stout for last so at least I've got something drinkable.

Just started on the Brewdog prototype beers my sister got me for Christmas. First 3 went straight down the sink after barely a taste, horrible overly perfumey stuff, thankfully left the milk stout for last so at least I've got something drinkable.

They've made the milk stout one of their core range. Called Jet Black Heart now. They have it on Nitro in all their bars, I'm a big fan of it.

Wild Beer - Madness IPA
Arbor - Oz Bomb
Wild Beer - Millionaire

The Wild Beer stuff on phenomenal form as always. The Oz Bomb is significantly better in a bottle than on cask.

They've made the milk stout one of their core range. Called Jet Black Heart now. They have it on Nitro in all their bars, I'm a big fan of it.

They didn't have any in Brum yesterday. Was settling after only being delivered in the morning. Was gutted.

They didn't have any in Brum yesterday. Was settling after only being delivered in the morning. Was gutted.

From the sounds of your night it's probably the last thing you needed. :icon_lol:

Guinness on steroids. JBH on top of Adopt a Bastard & Double Brett = a pebbledashed toilet.

It was by no means my favourite beer but a hell of a lot more palatable than the other 3 I had.

Just got back from my cherry popping visit to the Wine Seller. No joy on the DIPA V2, the woman laughed when I asked her and said she couldn't find them last night. I said I didn't mind waiting while she found them today but there was a queue behind me and she made it obvious I wouldn't be getting any. Decent haul anyway, decent prices as well.

attachment.php

The guy told me on FB that they weren't getting any until next week.

I'll head back over then probably.

The Kernel SCANS - 6.8% IPA. An absolute belter dominated by some classy hops with bright citrus notes and ever so slightly grassy. Just the right amount of bitterness and malt. I'll be buying more of this in future.

Back