• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Ten of us playing, with a few more dropping by at some point over the weekend.

Lagunitas IPA (given to me by a friend, aint giving those bastards a single penny). Lovely beer. Shame.

Missed a parcel today apparently, hope to fuck it wasn't my Them & Us.

Missed a parcel today apparently, hope to fuck it wasn't my Them & Us.

Not had anything back from them regarding delivery yet. Did you get anything?

Not yet, I had a phone call at lunch time (withheld number) saying I'd missed a delivery and would anyone be in this afternoon. I said yes (the wife gets home from work at 13:45) but nothing turned up. I found it strange that they actually called me, I'm sure she said TNT, fuck knows where they got my number from.

I've not heard anything about it either. According to the original email this batch was only brewed on 14/1 though.

Innis & Gunn - Bourbon Pale Ale. Very nice. Just as good as the original or rum finish.

Just had an email through saying it's been dispatched today and I should have it within 2-3 days. Fuck knows what I missed today.

The wife was at home, you say?

0ec1c207cfc0aa34ea180c00d6ced16b.jpg

I've got some failed home brew bitter that I put way too much crystal malt in, making it too sweet. Gonna make pancakes out of that!

I came home from work yesterday to find a bottle of beer open on the side waiting for me. I was very impressed until I realised that my wife had used half of it to marinade some beef and had left the other half for me to finish off! Still better than coming home to no beer I suppose. It was a Green Gecko from Lidl. I've not had a Lidl beer before but it was pretty good. Tasted a bit tropical but in a nice way, unlike a Pang Pang Tiki Tango that I had over Christmas that tasted like it was half a beer and half a tropical fruit juice.

The Green Gecko is pretty good. Especially for £1.50. It's one of the best bottles Lidl sells on a regular basis. I love the whole tropical IPA thing though, so that Pang Pang sounds ace to me :D

How was the beef?

Don't buy the Golden Goose from Lidl. It's appalling.

The Green Gecko is pretty good. Especially for £1.50. It's one of the best bottles Lidl sells on a regular basis. I love the whole tropical IPA thing though, so that Pang Pang sounds ace to me :D

How was the beef?

I'll get the Mrs to pick up a few more bottles of the Green Gecko next time she's in Lidl, be rude not to at £1.50. The beef has been marinading overnight so we are having it tonight. I think she's making a beef & ale pie with it but I'm not entirely sure.

The Tiki Tango was too tropical for me. I think I kept pulling a face every time I drank it!

The Amber Adder is pretty decent too, worth trying if you're getting some more Green Gecko.

The Amber Adder is brewed by Banks's.

They all are I think. Well Wychwood, which is Marstons, which is Banks's.

Back