• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Going to Brum for a boozy afternoon in a few weeks so will defo have a look out for it. Don't really like sours but I'll take your recommendation mate.

It's slightly tart but also slightly salty so that balances it out. The first Gose I've ever had, I'm not sure if t=it's the style I'm in love with or just this beer. I think it might just be this beer.

Cool artwork on the can as well.

to-ol-gose-to-hollywood-by-to-ol-1024x576.jpg

Haven't been able to stop thinking about this beer since I tried it so went and got a few more cans today.

Just perfect. Don't let the sour/salty part put you off, it's very subtle. This is one of the lightest, freshest, juiciest pale ales I've had. Get yourself to your local Brewdog and pick up a can!

I haven't tried that one but I had a bottle of their Reparationsbajer in my beer52 box.

Oskar Blues - IPA. It's Oskar Blues. You know it's going to be brilliant.

Hidden Gem IPA - Gypsy Inc - Fabulous stuff, with a lovely aroma and taste to match. The name says it all.

Pandazilla Dark Cascadian Ale - Not my cup of tea at all - Can't think of any feature of it that is pleasant.

Marstons Old Imperial IPA - Drinkable but a little plain.

I had the Hidden Gem a few weeks back. Really enjoyed it.

In other news, The Wine Seller will be stocking Vocation, Stone, Victory (who?) and Magic Rock from Thursday.

A few craking brews this arvo;

Red Lily by Block and Tackle, a very good PA. Farmhouse Ale from New England Brewery, an excellent Saison and,

208a63246c72b0b2f348f0ce2e5ace6f.jpg

plus

bfc8ee793827cafb85b985797adcf206.jpg

Is most beer served in bottles out there Phil?

No mate. In the bars it is usually on tap. However, in the bottle shops........

Ah, fair enough!

Just been out for Sunday lunch, the beer offerings were poor so went for the best of a bad bunch and they were shit.

Greene King - IPA 3.6%. Slightly bitter floral plain shit.

Greene King - Abbott's Reserve 6.5%. Slightly bitter floral plain shit with overpowering sherry and toffee tones.

Utter piss.

Had a few cracking pints last night.

Arbor - Double Standard IPA.
New Bristol Brewery - Japanese Green Tea Pale Ale
Siren - Dinner for Ten
Vibrant Forest - Fying Saucer

Siren was the pick of the bunch but they were all superb.

I was also astounded that I was paying £3.30 for those pints. Largely unheard of in Bristol now.

No other country really serves cask do they?

They used to in Tasmania and I can remember back in 92 a microbrewery pub in Newcastle, NSW used to also.

I imagine there are a few enthusiasts in America doing it too.

Drinking beers from San Fran's finest Anchor tonight in honour of Super Bowl 50. Steam Beer, Big Leaf Maple, Breckle's Brown, Porter & Liberty Ale. A few Sierra Nevada - Torpedo to top things off.

Just ordered a 9 gallon keg of Enville, alongside 8 pints of Old Porter and Blizzard for our annual gaming weekend. Works out at £2 a pint :D

9 gallons?! How many of there are you?

Back