• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

BeerBods tonight is Dark Star, Hophead. Unbelievably, I've yet to have any. Apparently they've held back releasing it in bottle until it could stand up to the cask version. Looking forward to it.
Just sipping a Caesar Augustus by Williams Brothers. Lager/IPAD hybrid. Beautiful balance of tropical citrus hoppiness and dry crisp lager refreshment. Very pleasing indeed.

Ha ha! Slick operation again from the Beer52 guys :facepalm:

I've only just emailed them back so I'll let you know if I get a response tomorrow. If not, its all round to T-Dog's to steal his beer (and his wheelie bin).

So it's you that keeps taking my bin? Fucker!

Beer 52 don't exactly do great PR do they? I was pleased with my box though when I finally got it, rather than just send a load of standard stock they stuck to the types of beer I asked for (mostly IPA's though, I'm easily pleased!).

BeerBods tonight is Dark Star, Hophead. Unbelievably, I've yet to have any. Apparently they've held back releasing it in bottle until it could stand up to the cask version. Looking forward to it.
Just sipping a Caesar Augustus by Williams Brothers. Lager/IPAD hybrid. Beautiful balance of tropical citrus hoppiness and dry crisp lager refreshment. Very pleasing indeed.

Caesar Augustus is lovely.

Picked up a Cloudwater Autumn IPA for £1.50 yesterday as it's 'Enjoy before' date was Jan 2016. Will be cracking that after the Dark Star.

It really is. Best part is that it's readily available in Sainsbury's for £2!
I saw this earlier. Will have to pick some up next time.
Both times I've had it on cask I've been disappointed but both times it hadn't been kept very well so looking forward to the bottle later

Had Hophead in my local and it was absolutely incredible.

Warming up with a Fullers - Bengal Lancer.

1845 completely changed my view on Fullers so got one of these to try, decent pale ale at 5.2%, certainly one to pick up in the Tesco's offers.

That can be the problem with cask I guess. A shoddy landlord can screw up a brewers hard work far too easily.

The Hophead was ace. Strong floral aroma and taste. Classic British golden ale type of beer but with more fizz and bitterness which kept it light and refreshing. Was surprised to learn it has an all American hop bill (2 parts Cascade & 1 part Amarillo). Goes to show how complex the craft of brewing is.

Finishing the night with the Cloudwater Autumn IPA. If this is a month past it's best, I would shudder to think how good it was fresh. Fucking bang on. Up there with Buxton Axe Edge (nearly!). The New Zealand hops give it such a sharp zingy grape like character whilst still being absolutely packed full of tropical juicy and citrus flavours and aromas with enough sweetness and bitterness to make it precisely balanced and moorish. Cloudwater are absolute gods!

I had a pint of the Autumn IPA the other week, bloody lovely citrus punch as you say but not sure about moorish. Just about the right punch but couldn't have more than a couple I reckon.

I had a pint of the Autumn IPA the other week, bloody lovely citrus punch as you say but not sure about moorish. Just about the right punch but couldn't have more than a couple I reckon.

Perhaps gulpable more than moorish. Very easy drinking for the abv and I couldn't stop taking huge slugs of it.

What did you think of the Hophead? Without using a thesaurus?

I've got 2 Dark Star beers waiting for me at home from Christmas but I've not had chance to sup them yet. I don't drink when I'm at home on my own so I shall wait til I next have a games night or something.

Really nice. Reminded me of Worcester Sorcerer but a bit better. Floral hoppiness with a decent hit of citrus at the end. Had a good amount of bitterness and the bottle was quite fizzy which actually help keep the elderflower from being too sweet. Which is a good thing for me as I'm going off that type of classic British style hoppy golden ales a bit.

I prefer the Dark Star APA I think.

Which ones have you got at home?

Couldn't tell you without checking!! They're from my brother so will be ones I can't get up here.

Moor, Confidence. Beautiful red ipa.

To Øl - Gose To Hollywood. 3.8% Gose brewed with oranges. Slightly sour, salty, and seriously juicy. Amazing.

Haven't been able to stop thinking about this beer since I tried it so went and got a few more cans today.

Just perfect. Don't let the sour/salty part put you off, it's very subtle. This is one of the lightest, freshest, juiciest pale ales I've had. Get yourself to your local Brewdog and pick up a can!

Last edited:
I love Majestic wine.

6 x Jackhammer and I'm in heaven

6x Jackhammer and I'd be in A&E

Haven't been able to stop thinking about this beer since I tried it so went and got a few orem cans today.

Just perfect. Don't let the sour/salty part put you off, it's very subtle. This is one of the lightest, freshest, juiciest pale ales I've had. Get yourself to your local Brewdog and pick up a can!

Going to Brum for a boozy afternoon in a few weeks so will defo have a look out for it. Don't really like sours but I'll take your recommendation mate.

Back