• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Tonight's selection was Wiper & True, Triptych No.10 and Gypsy Inc, Hidden Gem (IPA #5)

Both lovely, although the Gypsy Inc was a cut above. Superb hoppy sweet and juicy IPA.

Sounds like a good night Boozad! The Axe Edge is an absolute beast. Never fails to wow me.

Had a work thing in London yesterday, so took the opportunity to have a bit of craft beer crawl in the afternoon/evening. Was absolutely epic!

Crate Brewery, Pale - on keg at their tap room. Tasted the cask and keg and the latter was far superior. Type of beer that needs a chill and fizz to it and it really let the hop flavours fly. Loads of pineapple and mango. Tasted fresh and juicy. Incredible for a 4.2%

Then next door to the Howling Hops Tank Bar - absolutely rediculous. 10 bright tanks with taps on them. Doesn't get any fresher than that!
-K4ZmQOWRJAYhRctveCuh2gV-apY57ibSZgx1CNraej9t0NjRnV0R7S2QincKHE442DTTlCBA2bzG5o45WsXOQdcb6Y2cfr1MIy58fmTsS-mQO5XlZ5drQ4F2p-3Sefj49ltOPveMOwRU7EBmrze2W98_mCeCRt-qsB1njtwGLNcPUeOy7ICyWV0lwl1BOL6VTBuBf6jaXPtCxDGdnf27cRGnVLQq4DSAH-zljUSWaN2PrzfEgaWORu4P7ASUiFFNfXfUPHZNNS4htCT_ImBQEKLCxqDEPAdaR55RoPB7nEWSjQxyqLGhRPe_jVh8hD0d__7L9q3DKLUiaYnEi8ASkIOrhyj1foRr0Ah8Ys8PxSarxt5oqGTluimwN3I1SBj38VgKZvNn9CyNvTJNGGh5hrm-5g5UrmndfQplE3Pnas837Hh18JkDmmoKkOKcJKqAuSGzoEh7S3NGRRXLOVCf9VE-W02Jz_eLVVaHac_JqZTqYjM0kSJeP4-9Ok97eDHY09AFjykGLILKIaL2W1i-gr8dZRlRY6Y6zed5KyzvlBCTKfqN9NEr7W-nfcf3fuG45cA=w1198-h677-no

Howling Hops, Ruby Red - which was a bitter and hoppy red ale with berry sweetness and slight spice providing a brilliant platform for the hops.
Howling Hops, Chocolate Stout - Not a huge amount of chocolate considering the name. Very robust iron kind of quality with a good bitterness.
Also had a sample of the IPA #2 - amazing hop aroma and flavour. Grabbed a bottle to take away.

Mother Kelly's in Bethnal Green
Stillwater, Stateside Saison - bitter, hoppy and just the right amount of funk. I don't like saisons that are approaching sour, but this steered well clear of that.
To-0l, Mochachino Messiah - this one had loads going on. Coffee, marzipan, nutty, charred wood, dark choc, rum, fruit. Unfortunately it was a little unbalanced as a result.
Fyne Ales & De Moelen, Hills and Mills - this is more like it. Big imperial stout. Boozy, slight roasted coffee, icing sugar and brandy soaked fruit. Way too drinkable for a 9.5%er

Craft Beer Co in Covent Garden
Magic Rock, The Stooge - American brown ale. Perhaps the beer of the night. Loads of hoppy aroma, nutty and bitter with a slight lime zest citrus zing. Perfectly balanced.
Kernel, Nelson Sauvin Pale - It's always a concern if you're unsure if that'show a beer 'should' taste. Massive dissapopintment, this one. Almost sour funk to it. The hop profile was there but it was all too wheaty, dank and sour.
Marble, IBD Brew IPA - a sharp and hoppy IPA. Grape, lemon, lime and mango. A welcome breath of fresh air after the Kernel.

Brewdog in Soho
Brewdog, Libertine - Last one before heading back to Euston. Shouldn't have bothered really - was one too many! Not really how I like my Black IPAs - too much tropical and piney hoppy aroma and flavour for the style. I prefer Black IPAs to have more bitterness and less fruitiness.
Did you find mother Kellas pretentious?

I helped to acquire BD Soho, fucking cool bar for the location.

Did you find mother Kellas pretentious?

Not really, but it was quite early in the evening and there was no post-work crowd in there yet. The atmosphere was building quite nicely as we left. Seemed less hipster than I thought it would be.

Not really, but it was quite early in the evening and there was no post-work crowd in there yet. The atmosphere was building quite nicely as we left. Seemed less hipster than I thought it would be.
I've only been in there once and was shoved a menu into my face with a look of "if you don't know what you're ordering then why are you here?"

Luckily I knew my way around the menu but if it was anyone who wasn't into craft beer I doubt they would have bothered trying it again

Yeah, the staff weren't particularly welcoming I suppose but I was expecting that in London, tbh!

Tonight's selection was Wiper & True, Triptych No.10 and Gypsy Inc, Hidden Gem (IPA #5)

Both lovely, although the Gypsy Inc was a cut above. Superb hoppy sweet and juicy IPA.

Thought the Hidden Gem was OK when I tried it but it was in the middle of a tasting marathon so probably wasted on me to be fair.

Sounds like a good night Boozad! The Axe Edge is an absolute beast. Never fails to wow me.

Had a work thing in London yesterday, so took the opportunity to have a bit of craft beer crawl in the afternoon/evening. Was absolutely epic!

Crate Brewery, Pale - on keg at their tap room. Tasted the cask and keg and the latter was far superior. Type of beer that needs a chill and fizz to it and it really let the hop flavours fly. Loads of pineapple and mango. Tasted fresh and juicy. Incredible for a 4.2%

Then next door to the Howling Hops Tank Bar - absolutely rediculous. 10 bright tanks with taps on them. Doesn't get any fresher than that!
-K4ZmQOWRJAYhRctveCuh2gV-apY57ibSZgx1CNraej9t0NjRnV0R7S2QincKHE442DTTlCBA2bzG5o45WsXOQdcb6Y2cfr1MIy58fmTsS-mQO5XlZ5drQ4F2p-3Sefj49ltOPveMOwRU7EBmrze2W98_mCeCRt-qsB1njtwGLNcPUeOy7ICyWV0lwl1BOL6VTBuBf6jaXPtCxDGdnf27cRGnVLQq4DSAH-zljUSWaN2PrzfEgaWORu4P7ASUiFFNfXfUPHZNNS4htCT_ImBQEKLCxqDEPAdaR55RoPB7nEWSjQxyqLGhRPe_jVh8hD0d__7L9q3DKLUiaYnEi8ASkIOrhyj1foRr0Ah8Ys8PxSarxt5oqGTluimwN3I1SBj38VgKZvNn9CyNvTJNGGh5hrm-5g5UrmndfQplE3Pnas837Hh18JkDmmoKkOKcJKqAuSGzoEh7S3NGRRXLOVCf9VE-W02Jz_eLVVaHac_JqZTqYjM0kSJeP4-9Ok97eDHY09AFjykGLILKIaL2W1i-gr8dZRlRY6Y6zed5KyzvlBCTKfqN9NEr7W-nfcf3fuG45cA=w1198-h677-no

Howling Hops, Ruby Red - which was a bitter and hoppy red ale with berry sweetness and slight spice providing a brilliant platform for the hops.
Howling Hops, Chocolate Stout - Not a huge amount of chocolate considering the name. Very robust iron kind of quality with a good bitterness.
Also had a sample of the IPA #2 - amazing hop aroma and flavour. Grabbed a bottle to take away.

Mother Kelly's in Bethnal Green
Stillwater, Stateside Saison - bitter, hoppy and just the right amount of funk. I don't like saisons that are approaching sour, but this steered well clear of that.
To-0l, Mochachino Messiah - this one had loads going on. Coffee, marzipan, nutty, charred wood, dark choc, rum, fruit. Unfortunately it was a little unbalanced as a result.
Fyne Ales & De Moelen, Hills and Mills - this is more like it. Big imperial stout. Boozy, slight roasted coffee, icing sugar and brandy soaked fruit. Way too drinkable for a 9.5%er

Craft Beer Co in Covent Garden
Magic Rock, The Stooge - American brown ale. Perhaps the beer of the night. Loads of hoppy aroma, nutty and bitter with a slight lime zest citrus zing. Perfectly balanced.
Kernel, Nelson Sauvin Pale - It's always a concern if you're unsure if that'show a beer 'should' taste. Massive dissapopintment, this one. Almost sour funk to it. The hop profile was there but it was all too wheaty, dank and sour.
Marble, IBD Brew IPA - a sharp and hoppy IPA. Grape, lemon, lime and mango. A welcome breath of fresh air after the Kernel.

Brewdog in Soho
Brewdog, Libertine - Last one before heading back to Euston. Shouldn't have bothered really - was one too many! Not really how I like my Black IPAs - too much tropical and piney hoppy aroma and flavour for the style. I prefer Black IPAs to have more bitterness and less fruitiness.

Fucking class write up mate. :headbang:

A cheeky little Sunday session after work.

Heretic Evil Twin - 6.8 % Red IPA - A proper juicy little number with a big hoppy punch. Plenty of blackcurrant notes combine perfectly with big hops and a sneaky touch of spice to give a dangerously drinkable beer. Love it.

Beavertown 8 Ball - 6.2% Rye IPA - Very woody and bitter right the way through, probably the wrong time to drink it as it contrasted with the liveliness and sweetness of the Evil Twin, but i know I love it as I've had it before. Pure IPA right the way through, great stuff.

2 absolute beauties there Booz.

I've stocked up on some American classics for the NFL tonight. Brooklyn Lager, Samuel Adams - Boston Lager, Sierra Nevada - Pale Ale, Goose Island IPA & Anchor - Steam beer.

Fourpure Northern Latitude - 6.4% Red Rye IPA - Another plucky little bugger, hops aplenty with a subtle cinnamon tone and big bitter finish. Very impressed with this one.

Wild Beer Co Evolver - 5.8% IPA - Woah! A massive surprise! It's really pushing the IPA here, the first hit is of a Sour Ale which then quickly mellows with a big funk to lemon, grapefruit and grass. Yeast dominates and the sour/bitter finish really completes the experience. Hats off to Wild Beer on this one.

All finished off with a Wild Beer Epic Saison. A fucking wicked Sunday afternoon session!

Early night is it now?!

Naa man, just ordered a guitar and had a chicken dinner. Probably a session on BF4 while the missus has a bath.

Ha ha, fair enough man. I'd be on my way to a big sofa snooze if I'd sank that beer list in the afternoon!

To be fair I would mate but it's pointless when the girls will just come and jump all over me!

Hammerton - Pentonville. 5.3% Oyster Stout. Didn't think I'd like this but it's actually pretty damn good.

Beer 52 - Giving a £10 off offer with free delivery (£14 in total) if you re-sign up to their monthly plan.

I'm only half way through their last box and all have been a bit meh so far.

2 Cornish dark ales, Stewarts First World problems, a Belgian IPA and I can't remember the other one.

Beer 52 - Giving a £10 off offer with free delivery (£14 in total) if you re-sign up to their monthly plan.

I'm only half way through their last box and all have been a bit meh so far.

2 Cornish dark ales, Stewarts First World problems, a Belgian IPA and I can't remember the other one.

Is that with a voucher code?

Back