• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Defo. Think they were doing 3 for a fiver over Christmas. Seems like a good beer just to have in the cupboard. Bottle conditioned so only going to get better with age.

Sat in The Woodman in Brum supping a pint of Pot O'Gold by Wood's - really refreshing. Might have to have another, even though the pub are currently playing that atrocious raping of Comfortably Numb by the Shitty Sisters.

Sat in The Woodman in Brum supping a pint of Pot O'Gold by Wood's - really refreshing. Might have to have another, even though the pub are currently playing that atrocious raping of Comfortably Numb by the $#@!ty Sisters.

Don't throw up.

Beers for tonight:

Brew by Numbers - 01|01 Saison - Citra
Brew by Numbers - 35|01 Red IPA - Dr Rudi & Pacific Jade
Buxton - Axe Edge - IPA
Buxton - Old World - Saison
Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - Porter (fucking love this stuff)
Pressure Drop - Street Porter

Was given a bottle of this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453493449.071303.jpg

in France earlier this week, not sure about it, smells very strong! Normally like Weiss beer so should be ok.

Wooha Brewing Co. - 6.2% IPA. On the darker side of IPA, lots of sticky toffee malts and huge piney hops. Lovely.

Brewdog - Albino Squid Assassin Red Rye IPA. Very nice beer but I've had a lot of beers in this style recently and this isn't quite as good. Missing that big bitter Brewdog kick in the nuts at the end, this one just kind of dies.

Was given a bottle of this:

Looks the bollocks.

Buxton Old World - 5.8% Saison. Very farmhouse, hoppy enough with strong yeast undertones. There's some fruit in there, lemon maybe, it's very tart. Nice bitter hoppy finish. Personally I think this leans slightly more towards a Sour Ale than a Saison but a very drinkable beer.

Buxton Axe Edge - 6.8% IPA. HUGE hops! Certainly lives up to all the hype and packs a right punch, this is one hell of an IPA.

Looks the bollocks.

Buxton Old World - 5.8% Saison. Very farmhouse, hoppy enough with strong yeast undertones. There's some fruit in there, lemon maybe, it's very tart. Nice bitter hoppy finish. Personally I think this leans slightly more towards a Sour Ale than a Saison but a very drinkable beer.

Certainly went down very well. Lot of sediment left though.

Axe Edge deserves a second post, stunning stuff! Possibly straight in as my favourite IPA.

Brew by Numbers - 01|01 Citra 5.6% Saison. Very light Saison, plenty of hops balanced with equal amounts of yeast. Subtle citrus twangs compliment a very refreshing beer. Top stuff.

Wild Beer - Millionaire. One of the richest, most unctuous, luxurious, decadent stouts you'll ever drink. Pure sin in a glass.

BBNo 35|01 6.6% Red IPA - Dr Rudi & Pacific Jade. Fuck. Me. Pure dank in a glass, this shit should be illegal.

Pressure Drop - 4.9% Street Porter. Massive roasted coffee with a dark chocolate finish. I'd saved the Yeastie Boys Pot Kettle Black til last as it was my favourite Porter, it's got competition with this beauty.

Onto the Yeastie Boys, loved this brew since my first Honest Brew box and still love it. If you haven't tried it, get one down ya.

Sounds like a good night Boozad! The Axe Edge is an absolute beast. Never fails to wow me.

Had a work thing in London yesterday, so took the opportunity to have a bit of craft beer crawl in the afternoon/evening. Was absolutely epic!

Crate Brewery, Pale - on keg at their tap room. Tasted the cask and keg and the latter was far superior. Type of beer that needs a chill and fizz to it and it really let the hop flavours fly. Loads of pineapple and mango. Tasted fresh and juicy. Incredible for a 4.2%

Then next door to the Howling Hops Tank Bar - absolutely rediculous. 10 bright tanks with taps on them. Doesn't get any fresher than that!
-K4ZmQOWRJAYhRctveCuh2gV-apY57ibSZgx1CNraej9t0NjRnV0R7S2QincKHE442DTTlCBA2bzG5o45WsXOQdcb6Y2cfr1MIy58fmTsS-mQO5XlZ5drQ4F2p-3Sefj49ltOPveMOwRU7EBmrze2W98_mCeCRt-qsB1njtwGLNcPUeOy7ICyWV0lwl1BOL6VTBuBf6jaXPtCxDGdnf27cRGnVLQq4DSAH-zljUSWaN2PrzfEgaWORu4P7ASUiFFNfXfUPHZNNS4htCT_ImBQEKLCxqDEPAdaR55RoPB7nEWSjQxyqLGhRPe_jVh8hD0d__7L9q3DKLUiaYnEi8ASkIOrhyj1foRr0Ah8Ys8PxSarxt5oqGTluimwN3I1SBj38VgKZvNn9CyNvTJNGGh5hrm-5g5UrmndfQplE3Pnas837Hh18JkDmmoKkOKcJKqAuSGzoEh7S3NGRRXLOVCf9VE-W02Jz_eLVVaHac_JqZTqYjM0kSJeP4-9Ok97eDHY09AFjykGLILKIaL2W1i-gr8dZRlRY6Y6zed5KyzvlBCTKfqN9NEr7W-nfcf3fuG45cA=w1198-h677-no

Howling Hops, Ruby Red - which was a bitter and hoppy red ale with berry sweetness and slight spice providing a brilliant platform for the hops.
Howling Hops, Chocolate Stout - Not a huge amount of chocolate considering the name. Very robust iron kind of quality with a good bitterness.
Also had a sample of the IPA #2 - amazing hop aroma and flavour. Grabbed a bottle to take away.

Mother Kelly's in Bethnal Green
Stillwater, Stateside Saison - bitter, hoppy and just the right amount of funk. I don't like saisons that are approaching sour, but this steered well clear of that.
To-0l, Mochachino Messiah - this one had loads going on. Coffee, marzipan, nutty, charred wood, dark choc, rum, fruit. Unfortunately it was a little unbalanced as a result.
Fyne Ales & De Moelen, Hills and Mills - this is more like it. Big imperial stout. Boozy, slight roasted coffee, icing sugar and brandy soaked fruit. Way too drinkable for a 9.5%er

Craft Beer Co in Covent Garden
Magic Rock, The Stooge - American brown ale. Perhaps the beer of the night. Loads of hoppy aroma, nutty and bitter with a slight lime zest citrus zing. Perfectly balanced.
Kernel, Nelson Sauvin Pale - It's always a concern if you're unsure if that'show a beer 'should' taste. Massive dissapopintment, this one. Almost sour funk to it. The hop profile was there but it was all too wheaty, dank and sour.
Marble, IBD Brew IPA - a sharp and hoppy IPA. Grape, lemon, lime and mango. A welcome breath of fresh air after the Kernel.

Brewdog in Soho
Brewdog, Libertine - Last one before heading back to Euston. Shouldn't have bothered really - was one too many! Not really how I like my Black IPAs - too much tropical and piney hoppy aroma and flavour for the style. I prefer Black IPAs to have more bitterness and less fruitiness.

Back