• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Those 2 BBNo beers are awesome. I'll be interested to hear what the Buxton Saison tastes like.

I had their New World Saison last weekend. Really nice. Hoppy, citrussy and bitter (as you'd imagine from 'new world' hops). But yeah, let us know how the old world is Boozad.

Mad Hatter - 7.1% Belgian Stout. Much prefer this to their Nightmare on Bold Street. Lots of coffee & cocoa powder brilliantly balanced out by sweet dark fruits from the Trappist yeast.

The BrewDog Session IPL is ace. Shame they've not gone with it. Bags of lime and sharp citrus flavour on a very pale and smooth pilsner body. Great combo and hugely drinkable.

Pressure Drop, Pale Fire. Superb American Pale, hint of sweetness in the malts and loads of hop bitterness. Very juicy.

The Duke of Dank is an absolute powerhouse. Not as fruity or sweet as the other red IPAs I've had. This one is not about tropical fruits and zingy aromas. It's dark cherry, bitter, earthy and spicy with top note of grapefruit and lemon peel citrus. Packs a real punch. Superb.

Hop-forward red ales are truly of divine inspiration.

Another Heretic Evil Twin.... #welljel

Let us know how you like it Boozy. And the 35|01.

Never noticed Jack had picked up the Evil Twin, sounds like a damn good beer.

Oh and The Wine Seller doesn't have any of the Cloudwater Winter Range in yet. It's all still the Autumn stuff on the shelves.

I'll have no problem stocking up on the fucking spaffing Autumn range. :atigrou:

Those 2 BBNo beers are awesome. I'll be interested to hear what the Buxton Saison tastes like.

I had their New World Saison last weekend. Really nice. Hoppy, citrussy and bitter (as you'd imagine from 'new world' hops). But yeah, let us know how the old world is Boozad.

Will definitely let you you know about the Buxton, I'll let you know about all of 'em. I'm really looking forward to this box more than any I've ordered yet, and I've managed to swerve the Three Boys Wheat to try something different. That was like giving up smoking.

Pint of Noddy Holden's in the Combemere. Not too shabby. Malty and bitter with a slight nutty and chocolate aftertaste.

Pale Rider in the Western. Can you believe it's the first time i've had this. It's absolutely spot on.

Evil Twin was absolutely insane. Malty red with the dank of a really good IPA

Sounds like the Duke of Dank. Need to get me a cheeky can of it I reckon.

It is superb. Best of the beers I've had from all my Christmas beer boxes.

Looking forward to that in my next Honest Brew order.

Had a can of Beavertown Applelation last night. An 8.7% Bramley apple saison. Real crazy bastard. Had the funk and spice you'd expect from a saison but with really tart and sour apple flavour. Good kick from the alcohol added some sweetness and blanace. Pulled off the trick of being apple-y but not just tasting like a cider. Anyone into wild/bretty/sour beers would be advised to give it a go. I prefer more hoppy, earthy, bitter siasons. I liked it, but probably not enough to drop another £3.50 on a can. Awesome artwork (again):

f100e0a7-608e-4cf2-89ec-adc6569b67e2.jpg

Went to the Cellar Bar in Chester on Saturday. What a menu that place has for beer.

Started with a couple of Beavertown Gamma Ray's on Saturday - top stuff and not as overpowering as I thought it would be, plenty of fruity taste and not too much hoppiness. Moved on to Cloudwater Winter Ale at 7.2% - nice but bloody pokey and although fruity the alcohol blunted the taste a bit too much for me, then a few beers in other places that were all a bit bleugh apart from a decent Joules Blonde and finished up with a Samuel Adams Lager and a couple of sips of Buxton Russian Imperial Stout - very nice and warming and you could taste the coffee, and at £6 a half that's pricey.

Ended up in the Bull in Burslem and a Steerage (golden loveliness), MAP (bloody hoppy and not to everybody's taste) and White Star (not as hoppy as the MAP and tasted nicer for it) all went down well.

Can you remember what the Buxton stout was called?

I was going to go for the Applelation this time round but passed. Maybe next time.

Can you remember what the Buxton stout was called?

I think it was called Tsar and was 10%. It really was very nice, lovely and smooth with a velvety texture. Just bloody expensive for a half. But then I suppose it was like buying a half pint of wine!

I fancied giving the 8 Wired Double Coffee Brown a go but thought £6.80 was a bit steep. Their iStout is £6.80 a bottle as well.

Back