• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I fancied giving the 8 Wired Double Coffee Brown a go but thought £6.80 was a bit steep. Their iStout is £6.80 a bottle as well.

I've heard good things about that 8 Wired brown ale. I'm going to go for that one next time and pick a few cheaper options to go with it.

thats a bit vertical not just steep!

Indeed, I really wanted to give it a go but didn't think I could justify that price. But if Lycan's giving it a go then fuck it, I'll have one in the next Honest Brew box!

I've heard good things about that 8 Wired brown ale. I'm going to go for that one next time and pick a few cheaper options to go with it.

Let us know how it is mate.

I think it was called Tsar and was 10%. It really was very nice, lovely and smooth with a velvety texture. Just bloody expensive for a half. But then I suppose it was like buying a half pint of wine!

Ah yes, I've seen that on Eebria but never been tempted enough to shed that kind of cash. It's a pretty cool story behind the beer actually. They found a 34 year old barrel aged stout then reused the yeast from the barrel for their own stout. Each year the recirculate the yeast and age a new batch in the same barrels for 12 months. If you want a 330ml bottle of the 2013 vintage it'll set you back £15 :eek: https://www.eebria.com/products/beer/buxton-brewery/538-tsar-bomba-generation-3

I had their Living End imperial stout at Christmas. Was aged in boubon barrels and was one of the best things to enter my mouth over the festive period....

The BBNo Baltic Porter range look very tempting, again though I don't really want to drop £7.50 on a 330ml bottle.

A most exquisite pint of Partner's Triple Hop in Wetherspoon, leeds station.

Butcombe Rare Breed.

Superb. So much better than the standard pint of Butcombe you get everywhere. Probably helps that I'm only a couple of miles from the brewery but this is going down a treat after a long day.

I had a fair bit of Butcombe when I was in Brizzle, decent stuff.

There's another new pub opening on King Street, Booz! Beer Mecca.

Bastard! That place is fucking beer heaven.

BeerBods just renewed without me realising whoops suppose I'll go another 12 weeks!

Do they send you 12 bottles in one go or one a week?

The story of the last beer would be eleven weeks late for me then.

Fullers 1845 on BeerBods tonight.

1845_8_x_500ml_case.jpg

Really tasty. Loads of body, alcohol and dark fruit sweetness with a lasting bitterness to balance it out. One to try next time I'm in the Joint Stock me thinks. Big beer.

Looks like I may have the weekend off work so time to demolish my Honest Brew box. Good times.

Fullers 1845 on BeerBods tonight.

1845_8_x_500ml_case.jpg

Really tasty. Loads of body, alcohol and dark fruit sweetness with a lasting bitterness to balance it out. One to try next time I'm in the Joint Stock me thinks. Big beer.
I was a bit underwhelmed having this in my box but it's lovely, really impressed.

Pretty sure you can pick it up cheaply in the supermarkets too. Doesn't taste like a 6.2%

£2 a bottle in Tesco!

Back