• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I got a brewing kit and made some beer from scratch (using grains and hops) looking forward to trying it in a few weeks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Let us know how you get on. What style beer have you brewed?

Just had an awesome pint in the Westacres just down the road from me. Just your usual indentikit Ember Inns pub, so it was ace to see a collaborative brew from Magic Rock and Adnams called Herbalist. A 'Hoppy Saison'. Not that saison-y but damn hoppy. Had a touch of the Dead Pony Club about it, but with that magic cask viscosity. Really bloody nice indeed.

Oh and Lycan, I know you love an imperial stout.... I had a couple of absolute beauties on Christmas Day - De Moelen, Rasputin which was a 10.4%er. Boozy dark fruit with a vinous flavour to it. But better than that was Buxton, The Living End - Bourbon barrel aged which really made the difference. Oaky, vanilla sweetness really added depth. Fuck loads of alcohol warmth too. Loved it.

Oh and Lycan, I know you love an imperial stout.... I had a couple of absolute beauties on Christmas Day - De Moelen, Rasputin which was a 10.4%er. Boozy dark fruit with a vinous flavour to it. But better than that was Buxton, The Living End - Bourbon barrel aged which really made the difference. Oaky, vanilla sweetness really added depth. Fuck loads of alcohol warmth too. Loved it.

Barrel aged imperial stouts are the pinnacle of the beer world. De Molen are superb but that Buxton beer sounds incredible.

I had Brewdog - Hinterland (my beer of 2015), Wild Beer - Wildebeest, Oskar Blues - Ten Fiddy and AleSmith - Speedway.

I dunno, I'm not quite there yet. I still can't resist a huge hoppy IPA over anything else...

Sadlers mud city stout.....really good stuff

Fullers - London Pride at the Postal Order. Lovely pint.

Also had a pint of Beavertown - Quelle Saison which was awesome. Much better on keg than from the can.

Took another trip to The Wine Seller in Compton to stock up for New Year's Eve. Travelling up to Newcastle, so cans was the way forward (easier to transport):

12466164_10156553044165647_8503036040456531119_o.jpg

£24.40 for that lot. Not too shabby, really. Bloody love that shop. They've got some of the new Cloudwater range in. Next year could be a costly one!

All hail Beavertown. :worshippy:

I love 8 Ball.

Annoyingly more expensive than the others so only got one as it's all communal for a NYE party.

Back