• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I don't understand your extra fizz argument about nitrogen, unlike carbon dioxide it is insoluble and not a natural by-product of the fermentation process. It lays on top of the product and produces that 'creamy' artificial head. Nitrogen is also inert and will assist in delaying the inevitable natural organic degredation process. In fact nitrogen is better suited to heavily malted brews (see Guiness) as opposed to hop laden beers which nitrogen will reduce the hoppy effect on the palate.

The classic cascade effect you get in a pint of Guinness I suppose.

I'm with Machin, used in the right way Nitro can elevate a beer from good to great. I was a big fan of Oskar Blues - Old Chub but would say it was anything extraordinary, the Nitro version is one of the best beers I've ever had.
The same cascade effect can be obtained from non 'Nitro" also (see original leeds brewed Tetley) by the use of a sparkler. I meant the desire to having a head on your ale. It isn't a necessity for all ales to have a creamy head.

The most awesome ales I have ever had never required any un-natural enhancement.

I wasn't defending the use of nitrogen in beers. Just enjoyed the effect it had on the milk stout. My point about force carbonation was referring to co2.

Yeah.

This one's pretty highly carbonated but is really smoky. Bit of a soapy nose though...

Had a bottle of this tonight and I get what you mean by soapy! Amazing, the power of suggestion...

I found it a bit too harshly fizzy too, must be just comparing it to the Nitro Stout.

Been in the Bathams pub since 1. I'm pissed. FFS. Need to sober up before the main evening session.

Sampled a couple of Porters that we brewed a few months ago. Lovely flavour but not much carbonation out the bottle annoyingly.

Moved onto a Sadlers Reigndeer. Not sure how it qualifies as a Christmas beer, but it's decent nonetheless.

It's a double BeerBods night tonight, a Savour, Dubbel and a Wiper & True, Plum Pudding Porter. Very much looking forward to both of those fuckers.

Oh and good luck Langers! :icon_lol:

Quite the line up tonight.

Paulaner - Hefeweissbier Dunkel
Moor - Old Freddie Walker (7.4% Old Ale)
Cloudwater - Porter
5 Points - London Smoke
Brewdog - Hinterland
Wild Beer - Wildebeest

Left the pub at 5.30. Quick pit stop - less than 10 minutes to pick stuff up - then off to kiddy to see the GF. I just phoned her: "hi - we're in the pub - everyone is here. Come straight here."

Fucking hell.

Left the pub at 5.30. Quick pit stop - less than 10 minutes to pick stuff up - then off to kiddy to see the GF. I just phoned her: "hi - we're in the pub - everyone is here. Come straight here."

Fucking hell.

If you'd have been a bit less organised you'd have been out Xmas shopping instead of sat in the pub. Bought it on yourself.

Just cracked my Berliner Ryesse and it was rotten as fuck! Sent Beer52 an email, so, Nando & T-Dog, if you get it in your boxes (when they finally arrive) I would proceed with great caution, and let them know if it's borked.

Didn't have one in my box so rotten piss avoided. I must have selected all the pale ale options judging by what I got!

The plan was to give some of the beers to my brother for Christmas so now I just need to decide which ones to keep for myself.

Oh, and :icon_lol: at Langers!

Looks like I'll only get to enjoy a Hobgoblin tonight.

Disappointing evening on the Bods catch up.

The Bakewell one was OK, but a forced finish. Black Jesus and Plum Pudding were just vile and not for me at all.

Did enjoy the Assassin and the Honey ale I had yesterday though.

I really liked the Black Jesus. But there have been a couple of stinkers in the Xmas BeerBods, but that's probably a result of them being a bit more adventurous with their selections.

I really liked the Black Jesus. But there have been a couple of stinkers in the Xmas BeerBods, but that's probably a result of them being a bit more adventurous with their selections.
First taste of the Jesus and it was a no go. Still got 5 left, certainly 3 of them I am dubious about before having them.

Back