• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Had a quick session on The Dog's Bollocks (fnarrr) from Wychwood earlier following a Nando's lunch. Pretty perfect biscuity based golden ale with slight fruit and toffee undertones. Surprisingly sober after seven pints of it, didn't realise it was 5.2%.

Oh, and the Epic Saison last night was wondrous.

I've got a Troubadour - Obscura for tonight. Very excited to try it.

The Troubadour Magma I had was very Gold Label with a Belgian twist. Bit too strong (9%) after an IPA session. Let us know how it is mate.

This one is 8.2. Described as a mild stout with a full Belgian body.

Just arrived courtesy of my dad: a 12 pack of Holdens - an assortment of Golden and Golden Glow.

That'll do me - Christmas bevvies sorted. There is no better bottled beer IMO.

Fourpure Beartooth Brown Ale - best drop I've had of theirs. Really good.

Just cracked my Berliner Ryesse and it was rotten as fuck! Sent Beer52 an email, so, Nando & T-Dog, if you get it in your boxes (when they finally arrive) I would proceed with great caution, and let them know if it's borked.

Currently supping a Man On The Oss, which is a Rye Saison from Wolves' own Sacre Brew. Pretty decent if not spectacular. Got a lager like smooth fizz with some Belgian spice going on. Like a toned down, fizzy Orval with a bit more fruitiness.

No better bottled beer? In the World or the Black Country?

Well obviously there are thousands to get through that I haven't had yet but of the ones I've had, it's my favourite!

The Nitro Milk Stout was smooth as fuck! Carbonated with nitrogen instead of CO2 and you have to just lamp it in the glass as fast as possible. Nitrogen gives it a tight, dense head which looks like an old school widget can style beer.
Lovely milk stout. Basically like drinking chocolate ice cream, with a bitter coffee after taste.

The Porter-ish I've just cracked open is lovely

Yeah.

This one's pretty highly carbonated but is really smoky. Bit of a soapy nose though...

I don't remember it being soapy...? Got one in the shed from the Beer52 box. Might have it tomorrow. I've really gotten the taste for darker beers over the last couple of weeks.

Back