• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I don't remember it being soapy...? Got one in the shed from the Beer52 box. Might have it tomorrow. I've really gotten the taste for darker beers over the last couple of weeks.
This one is but still a cracker.

I'm well into my dark beers at the minute too, must be the time of year/weather

Had a reply from Beer52 saying that basically that's how Berliner Weisse beers are meant to taste, with a link to the Berliner Weisse wiki page!

That can't be right, it tasted like rotten piss! No one would brew a beer to taste like that!!

Had a reply from Beer52 saying that basically that's how Berliner Weisse beers are meant to taste, with a link to the Berliner Weisse wiki page!

That can't be right, it tasted like rotten piss! No one would brew a beer to taste like that!!

My pack is due to be delivered today. Can you give me a heads up of what rotten piss tastes like so that I can compare as I don't want to procure any let alone drink it!

I didn't get a bottle of it in my box so you might get lucky, Sniffer!

My pack is due to be delivered today. Can you give me a heads up of what rotten piss tastes like so that I can compare as I don't want to procure any let alone drink it!

I think I've posted some tasting notes in this thread somewhere....

Not opened my Beer52 Groupon box yet. Went a bit mad at the offl icense yesterday so have plenty to keep me going over the Christmas period.

I'm well stocked on Leffe blond and Hoegaarden but my second Honesty Box has taken a right battering, it's just too good to leave alone. That site will ruin me financially.

Grolsch = rotten piss

There's your comparison.

The Town Crier was fucking lush. The Anchor is definitely worth the trip - lovely country pub with perfectly kept ales.

Off for a Holdens now!!

http://lnc.hr/UJmSF

Some form of new beer club launching. Sign up to a newsletter for the chance to win a case or a years free supply.

The Nitro Milk Stout was smooth as fuck! Carbonated with nitrogen instead of CO2 and you have to just lamp it in the glass as fast as possible. Nitrogen gives it a tight, dense head which looks like an old school widget can style beer.
Lovely milk stout. Basically like drinking chocolate ice cream, with a bitter coffee after taste.
No, no and no. Nitrogen? Next thing you'll be extolling JS Smooth. BTW adding nitrogen is not carbonation surely? The clue is in carbonation?

Makes it fizz with smaller, tighter, bubbles. Whatever the word for that is.

And what real difference does the method of getting fizz into your booze matter? What's the difference between priming sugar producing the co2 over a tank? We're still talking about unfiltered and unpasteurised beer - none of the good stuff has been taken out.

It makes a great deal of difference to me. Natural processes should produce sufficient "fizz". Adding extra is cosmetic and certainly detracts rather than enhances the quality of the beer. Strangely enough we don't drink with our eyes.

It makes a great deal of difference to me. Natural processes should produce sufficient "fizz". Adding extra is cosmetic and certainly detracts rather than enhances the quality of the beer. Strangely enough we don't drink with our eyes.

I'm with you on this.

I believe the brewer knows what's best for their beer and it should be up to them. If you're talking about a pint of Bathams and the like then it has to be cask naturally primed in the barrel - no better way. If you're talking about a big American ipa, then the extra fizz helps disperse the flavour around your palette and prevent cloying sweetness imparted by super hoppy high abv beers.

Don't really understand your 'cosmetic' argument though...

Don't really understand your 'cosmetic' argument though...

The classic cascade effect you get in a pint of Guinness I suppose.

I'm with Machin, used in the right way Nitro can elevate a beer from good to great. I was a big fan of Oskar Blues - Old Chub but wouldn't say it was anything extraordinary, the Nitro version is one of the best beers I've ever had.

Back