• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

A very nice Bitter and Twisted from Harviestoun Brewery with a distinct flavour of ale at The World's End. Quickly followed by a pint of World's End which is a Belhaven House brew. This tasted of ale too, but different to the Bitter and Twisted. Both very good indeed and well conditioned.

An excellent pint of Jack Back from Stewart Brewing at The Halfway House. Absolutely ace!

PS. Lycan you omitted to explain why the Halfway House is so named 😰

A very nice Bitter and Twisted from Harviestoun Brewery with a distinct flavour of ale at The World's End. Quickly followed by a pint of World's End which is a Belhaven House brew. This tasted of ale too, but different to the Bitter and Twisted. Both very good indeed and well conditioned.

I really like Harviestoun - they do Schiehallion don't they?

The Halfway House is ace! So cosy. They do a really nice Cullen Skink as well.

They do Langers. I've never tried it be fair. This Stewart Jack Back is awesome!

The Halfway House is ace! So cosy. They do a really nice Cullen Skink as well.
Indeed. I noticed the Cullen Skink on the menu board. Looks like tea will be had here tomorrow!

Just tried a Something Christmassy from Alechemy. A very enjoyable Red IPA.

Stewart, Harviestoun, Alechemy... Sounds like you're having a tour of Scotland's best breweries atm. Shame about the Belhaven...

In the local Holdens pub and they've got a new special centenary ale on called Masters Ale. And it's10%!!!

I'm not having one tonight but I must try it this week at some point.

Stewart, Harviestoun, Alechemy... Sounds like you're having a tour of Scotland's best breweries atm. Shame about the Belhaven...
TBF the Belhaven wasn't bad at all. It certainly trumps the 'brews' on offer the last time I visited Allanbridge in July. Not one cask ale to be had!

I'm now drinking Bathams in the Royal Exchange. Must be a fresh barrel because it's even nicer than usual. It's simply unbeatable when it's this good.

Nice session on Wichwood's Boondoggle at lunch time, very palatable pale ale. Some underlying twangs of honey in the first three pints.

Westmalle - Dubbel. Belgian beers are purpose built for Christmas time. Gorgeous.

Back