• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Only plus point tonight was some good quality beer was drunk.

Same here. Got back and demolished a bottle of Brew By Numbers Session IPA (Mosiac) fucking lovely it was too. Been wanting to try a BBN beer for a while now, and it didn't disappoint.

Hmmm. Traditionally my tasting notes are either "It tastes like piss", or "It doesn't". I apologise for the lack of sophisication.

Absolutely. All this Jilly Gooden / Oz Clarke stuff sounds right up its own arse.

If only we lived in a binary world...

Now who's being pompous!

Cream-soda mouthfeel with clean citrus notes that coat the palette before a slight nettle bitterness finishes a truly satisfying gulp and just begs you to go back for more...

Bloody hell. I've never heard Bathams described like that. "Fookin' bostin loike" would have sufficed.

:D I, perhaps, wan't being entirely serious... perhaps.

Fibber. You've got a Thesaurus and you're not afraid to use it.

Should be interesting for some of you, the BBC has a booze calculator in honour of "Mad Friday".

Apparently, I drink like I'm from the Solomon Islands...

Apparently my colleague had exactly the same happen with his Berliner Ryesse, so proceed with caution if you get one of these. He said it seemed like it had congealed in the bottle.

Probably check mine over the weekend and fire off an email to Beer52 if it's ruined.

beer_337359.jpg

Same happened here mate, tasted like Wild Beer Co's Somerset Wild. Not a nice experience. Washing the taste out with a Hamer & Sikkel porter.

Just cracked the Vocation Them & Us red session IPA, very nice it is too. Intense hops but very floral as well, I could get used to it quickly.

Just cracked the Vocation Them & Us red session IPA, very nice it is too. Intense hops but very floral as well, I could get used to it quickly.

Got that in the fridge, but my taste buds have been obliterated by a Samuel Smith's Chocolate Stout. Like drinking a choc ice! Not sure I can transition to a tropical hoppy red ipa from here!

Sucks about the Berliner Ryesse. Might be worth emailing Beer52 - I'll do the same if mine is ruined too.

I've a gig in Edinburgh on Monday and Tuesday. I will be travelling up there on Sunday. Any good pubs to visit? I'm staying in the old town.

I just cracked the T&U after a very sharp porter mate and it doesn't hurt it at all. Give it a shot, it's a cracking beer.

I just cracked the T&U after a very sharp porter mate and it doesn't hurt it at all. Give it a shot, it's a cracking beer.

Convinced. Just poured and it smells amazing.

It really is a quality beer, I'm contemplating reactivating with Beer52 just to pick some more of this shit up. I'm definitely going to try some more Vocation beers.

Ah man. It's fucking beautiful!

Back